Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / How to create textures to fit 3d characters\models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Could you tell me how you can create textures to cover 3D characters\models in FPS Creator.

I have noticied that the textures are in .tga format and are made up of several images. For example, there are images of the head, leg and gun etc all in one file.

What program is used to create these and is there a special name for these types of textures?

I hope some one can enlighten me

cheers

Mark

Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2005 17:16
well, do you own V1 or EA?

if you own V1: the textures are in one 1024x768 picture, you can set it in jpg, bmp, tga, dds, png, well, any type of picture supported by DBPro.

after, you just have to modify the FPE

=-{SKaleX}-= Current Projects: -Insane Killer-=-Chaos Zone-
LostSoul54
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2005 18:28
If you are texturing 3dmodels, you need to UV Unwrap the models first. All major 3D programs allow you to do this. It is a pain sometimes, especially with complex models. I use 3DS Max myself, it makes the process fairly easy. Once you have the model unwrapped, then it's just a matter of taking a screenshot and brining it into your paint program and texturing it. I have heard of a program called Ultimate Unwrap 3D, it may make this process easier, but I have never tried it. Maxon makes a program called Body Paint, it looks intersting, as you can paint the textures in a 3D view. Sounds great but I have never tried it. Hope this helps some

It's easy not to get lost when you have no idea where you are going

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:22:36
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:22:36