Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / The minimap

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2005 17:40
I am currently making a exploration game(THE NOBLE SHPERE). But my game needs a minimap. Could anyone post some code or show me how?

Thanks in advance!

Mysteries Surround You
Me!
Years of Service
User Offline
I am currently making a combat game(BATTLE CHEESE OF DOOM). but my game needs a radar, could you post some code or show me how?

could you make sense of that or explain what the hell I was on about?....well...neither could I when I read your post, thats two posts in this thread that assume the reader knows exactly what the author is on about, I have never seen your game, I have no idea what it involves or why you need a radar, what it is to show, if it is in the hud, on another screen, shows the terrain or just dots, animated or updated every few seconds, fog of war or global, you have to explain exactly what you want if anyone is going to make sense of the request.

the average IQ is 100...but the people that took the test where trying to look smart. most people don`t go over 50.
Area 51?, I`m more intrested in what they have in areas 1 to 50
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2005 21:14
May I suggest that you download MatEdit from the Dark Basic Showcase:

http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com/?m=showcase_view&i=84

It includes some demos, including some which include a minimap and a compass which might point you in the right direction...

TDK_Man

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 03:20:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 03:20:28