Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Sky Boxes/Sky spheres

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just downloaded the darkmatter demo and two of the models are things called skyboxes/spheres. How do you load these into the 3d enviroment?
SasukiShinozawa
Years of Service
User Offline
They're just .x or .3ds objects, so you can just use the
Load Object command.

Tanto? Iie. Kore wa tachi desu.
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 01:32
Here's some tips on using the skyboxes that came with DarkMatter - they are much better than the skyspheres I have found.

Firstly - put the sky in the same position as the camera, and if it is big enough, centre it on the floor. This is so when you jump or fall, the whole sky doesn't move with you. You just have to experiment and see what looks best.

You'll need to scale them by quite a large amount, keep incrementing the scale value and seeing what it looks like in game, with a skybox you'll need to be able to look at the corners and not have the corners disappearing out of the camera range.

You'll need to set the objects sensitivity to fog and light off, otherwise the fog will obscure the sky, or you'll get strange shading effects, as in different sides of the box will be at different levels of darkness with really obvious joins in between.

Once I was but the learner,
now, I am the Master.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 17:51:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 17:51:35