Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Generic dude model

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2005 12:22 Edited at: 27th May 2009 19:40
No longer available
JimB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2005 14:08 Edited at: 27th May 2009 19:40
Available no longer
JimB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2005 14:59
It would be nice if TGC could supply a fully animated skeleton that we could attach easily to our models such as the dude,how about it TGC?
Dr Pepper
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW!!! Good Model...Could you please Provid a UV Map please?

In the Seperate head, legs, feet, torso, hands Setup please ( I Hate UV Maps i could never do it right )
JimB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2005 11:55
Hi Dr Pepper
Sorry I did'nt see your post before for some reason the last post only showed mine.I know your interested in a pirate model(s)for fun I altered the 'Generic dude' that I posted here,heres a wip I dont know when I'll be able to finish it.
Has anyone else modified the 'Generic dude'?
[img]
Jtbullet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2005 16:00
TGC has provided skeletons ready to use! Import the .x file from the entity bank characters folder into fragmotion(www.fragmosoft.com $20) and you will see the skeleton inside the model. I am not fluent in fragmotion yet, but it should be possible to delete the model, leave the skeleton intact, and bring in another similarly constructed model.

Great pirate jimB!
Jtbullet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2005 16:03
BTW the animations seem to be the same for some of the characters, a 2498 frame animation of all the various animations strung together to form one long animation, which I believe the scripts then read from to decide which animation to play. We are still working on how to get new ones in, and we invite all helpers in this task. Fragmotion looks to be an ideal animation tool, and with milkshape 3d, we have a really cheap toolset for this application!
Jtbullet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2005 16:09
Oh, one other thing, if someone can get tgc to release templates for the models we already have, that would make high quality skins more achievable.
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2005 17:02 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2005 17:09
Jtbullet,

Greetings. Just loaded up FragMotion. If you Use CTRL+M, while in mesh mode, the supplied mesh will be deleted from the model. The rigged skeleton is left intact, and fully animated. There's an icon (the big "X") to the right of the file menu for the same thing. Make sure you "Select All", or nothing will happen.

$20 bucks? This is just the ticket for customizing FPSC models and bringing in your own. TGC should work out a little something with these folks, and integrate FragMotion into the engine.

I hope this helps. Anything else I can find out, I'll share with the room.

Thanks,

Seth Black

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
Dr Pepper
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW Thanks JimB !!!!!!!! That looks COOL!!!!

That would help a lot he does look Sweet with all that pirate gear one

BTW: What program do you use to model this with?
Jtbullet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2005 19:25
Yes seth, fragmotion is the find of the year for me. Add it to milkshape for .x conversions from my cinema 4d, and I'm all set, once I learn it. Fragmotion needs a better manual, we should compile our knowledge for it, I'd hate to see the developer drop it one day. I am a newbie in it though. Try this, make a new animation, try to copy a pose from the stock animation from tgc, and then paste it on the model. Now scrub down the timeline and try to paste a different copied pose from the stock animation. I cant make it work. It wants to replace the first pose completely. This would be handy if it works, because there is such a range of poses built in, it should make it simple to quickly generate animations if we can copy paste like this. I want to do it this way to avoid making invisible bones to hold everythign in place when the character jumps etc.
JimB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2005 23:17
I have been trying to uploaded the pirate in:-
.ugh (fragmotion)
.ms3d
.obj
for the past half hour without luck,I can only email it to those interested Its 2,85mb zipped.
Those with MS3D or FragMotion can see the attempt that I have made to attach an FPSC animated skeleton,I have a lot of incorectly assigned vertices,if anyone wants to have go I will be interested in the results,meanwhile I'll keep trying.

@Dr Pepper
Thanks for your kind comments,I made both models using Silo.
Dr Pepper
Years of Service
User Offline
So the model is done?

If so whats the poly count as of now with out Triangulation or with dont matter?

And what File type will it be in becasue i have MS3D so it dont matter on that one either.

That model does look cool
JimB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2005 00:32
Dr Pepper
Well the mesh is done,at the moment I'm trying to attach an FPSC animated skeleton to it,then I will unwrap it.What I was trying to post was a wip on the animation which was quite funny to watch.

The face count is 1460 triangles which is comparable with some of the FPSC models,I have it in MS3D format with animation as I said some verts are not unasigned properly,if you would like to take a look or may be help sort out the rogue verts I would need to email it to you as I'm unable for reasons unknown to post it here.
Dr Pepper
Years of Service
User Offline
I wish i could help but im not good at boneing (I hate boneing )

But i think i will let the professionals handle this one and for UnWraping it thanks that would help ALOT!!!. The only program i know of that can uv map is UVMapper (I have Classic) and it dont make very good UV's not like what you get from those built in UV Mappers that you get in like 3DSMAX or whatever. Milkshape has a built in one i think... but from what i heard its not that good.

PS. LOL i'll be so happy when i can just post and it comes up without waiting for somone to look it over LOL
Dr Pepper
Years of Service
User Offline
*BUMP*

And hows it going?...ever figure out the Skel. problem?
JimB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2005 09:39
Dr Pepper
I am having trouble attaching an FPSC skeleton to the model(which is probably down to the geometry)
so I will try making new bones and/or alter the model to see if it helps.The poly count is 1184 triangles at the moment I could get it down further if I get rid of his cummabund (the wide belt).

Constructive comments and crits/suggestions welcome or if anybody wants to try and animate the model
let me know,anyway I going to carry on with it meanwhile (time permitting).
[img]
JimB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2005 10:01 Edited at: 27th May 2009 19:36
N/A
Dr Pepper
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW!!! The model looks cool..... and i see you added a face to him (makes him look really good now)....Then when he gets done he he would need is a great texture and he would be the best looking model i have seen in while.

PS. i like the new model should make animation a lot easier And i also like the new hands alot more game like now

BTW: Are you a professional Model maker? or just really good
JimB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2005 18:33 Edited at: 27th May 2009 19:41
Gone
Dr Pepper
Years of Service
User Offline
The Animations are cool this will help out alot
insert cow here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2005 05:01
Yo, JimB, think you could help me out? I need a model and some new animations.... and I suck when it comes to 3d characters
<== needs paintballer model

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 09:33:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 09:33:32