Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / My copy of dark basic just came and i am looking for a turotial to help to make my first 3d game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2005 12:59
Hi,
My copy of dark basic just came and i over the moon . I cant wait to get makeing games ect. But could some one post a turotial to help me make my first 3D game. Basic movement of the player, first person camera how to program wepons ect. Thanks

Dark Project Studio (web Site comeing soon)
Delta Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2005 14:15
i have spent i wile looking at very basic comands

TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2005 15:57
Have you written a 3D program before?

Have you ever written any programs before?

There are a lot of posts on this forum asking similar questions to yours. Read a few to see what the standard responses have been.

http://www.computechtenerife.com/DB/tutorials.htm

...is a very good place to start.

TDK_Man

Delta Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2005 16:57
i started the monstar hunt turtorial it seams good.

i have writen some 3D before with Game maker but dark basic is much better

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2005 00:54
I'd be willing to help you with the basics and advanced of either a text-based game or a 3D game. Altough I'm not very good with the inner workings of the games, I'm good with the visual part , so i can help you there.

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
WarGoat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2005 04:41
Quote: "i have writen some 3D before with Game maker"

lol lets say you didn't wrote any program before but, to do a good start go to http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=22030&b=7

There a good pong tut.

Windows XP,pentium IIII, 1,9 MGZ, 256 mb memory, 128 mb video card ATI Radeon 9200 se s80 'sett squadron back on the assault'
Silent Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2005 01:37
gamemaker STINKS!

sry
its just that its a 2-D wannabe compiler that begs to be paid for.

If you arent a total newbie to the concept and you have some experience, i would start out with the 3D monster hunt tutorial. It covers shooting in first person so that should be a basis for most of your games you choose to make. Limit Rush is a racing game. it does tie in other aspects that make a game user friendly for a much larger game (and the tutorial is more that twice as long as 3D hunt) but the racing gives you less variety with the base code.

Version--DB Classic
900 mhz AMD Athlon, 128 MB RAM,
16 MB NVidia Vanta gfx card, Windows ME System software
GMX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2005 02:33
Gamemaker isn't that bad. It's just not a 3d maker. No need to flame it. BTW, have you even tried it? If so, you would see that it isn't that bad.
But who cares, this is a DarkBASIC forum, right? No need to speak about gamemaker here.

I'd suggest starting with learning about variables and some basic 3d commands, I'm not experienced but that's how I have started out.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 05:22:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 05:22:00