Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Has anyone ever made an MMO game like Tibia or World of Warcraft?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2005 22:00
I would like to learn how to make a game that has many different servers and can hold hundred of people on each server. Is that even possible? Or will I have to do something like Diablo?
WarGoat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2005 22:55
I think its possible to do MMO like WoW but you need:
A very very good internet connection to hold that much of people and a good comp too.
Alot of DLL like MultiSync but if you want lot of people you a need DLLs that are 10 more powerful that MultiSync (and I'm not saying that MultiSync is not good.)
and finnally, you need to be very good in programming to do a MMO.

But the best thing to do its a ORPG like Guild Wars. Its less hard and its always fun to play.

Hope it helped.

Windows XP,pentium IIII, 1,9 MGZ, 256 mb memory, 128 mb video card ATI Radeon 9200 se s80 'sett squadron back on the assault'
Silent Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2005 00:40
whats the difference between MMO and ORPG?
arent they the same thing? and isnt the acronym MMORPG?

Version--DB Classic
900 mhz AMD Athlon, 128 MB RAM,
16 MB NVidia Vanta gfx card, Windows ME System software
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2005 00:48
An MMORPG is a "massive multiplayer online role playing game", and an ORPG is an "online role playing game". It isnt as much interaction and stuff between players, and you cant even see other players unless grouped outside of a city. IMO its one of the stupidest games ever made .

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
WarGoat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2005 04:49
Gil is right. ORPG is like BattleNet on Diablio II, thats mean that the game can support like 32 people at the same time. MMO is 1000+ at the same time.

Windows XP,pentium IIII, 1,9 MGZ, 256 mb memory, 128 mb video card ATI Radeon 9200 se s80 'sett squadron back on the assault'
Tinkergirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2005 04:53
You might want to have a wee look at this thread...
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=58871&b=1

An open community, open source, attempt to learn how to make a MMORPG in DarkBasic Pro. Small steps.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 05:24:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 05:24:15