Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Fission - The Cage Complex (audio tool)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2005 19:30
InSwap is over, now I'm back to Fission!

That's an audio booster tool. Its aim is to correct sound of newby musicians working with "home studios" with laming microphones...
Its very simple and use a set of filters to improve sound quality.

(it's very usefull because lot of commercial audio tools are designed for "professional" sound quality, whereas independant bands have to work with bad quality samples)

I had spend 50% of my time making the GUI working. Since as a VB developper I wanted independant button/frame events and managing.

Anlino
Years of Service
User Offline
The Cage complex, even if this does sound a bit strange, i must say; in a couple of weeks, you have shown us pictures of some very impressive works! Can't say more than that i think that you will go far. I wish you the best of luck. Oh, and by the way, that sure does look sexy.
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
nice GUI

BlueLight Online, improved version of MorningOnline
The Cage Complex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2005 22:39
@anlino: I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!! (Trent Reznor is god )

And thank's x26 for your very friendly comment!! I trust a lot in DBP power & philosophy, and hope to see its community becoming stronger! I'll try to give a positive contribution with nice releases as much as possible.

General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks very pro, I think you might actually be setting high graphic standards for the rest of the DB community to try and reach.

I even re-did a some textures of the current project i'm working on to make it look... better.

Nice job, keep up the good work

alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 19th Sep 2005 01:20
Man, thats amazing. Integrating VB with darkbasic does do a difference!!!! I love your work and hope you continue making these programs and games.
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2005 01:27
Wow, a master of graphics here.

I want to see more of that flying game!!!

The future is here, and I can't afford it.
The Cage Complex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2005 02:57
Quote: "that flying game!!! "

This stuff? Later... more later

Quote: "Wow, a master of graphics here."

I've browse your website one month ago and your texturing skill kills me

Jonny Ree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2005 08:34 Edited at: 19th Sep 2005 08:36
Excellent gui, though the uper left part of it doesnt look very finished. Perhaps you could put a "display" at that spot, displaying the audio information, and modifications as well as filters added or such.

As for the software itself, I can easly see this being useful, not just for mucisians but also for voice acting if any here in the community.

Keep at it

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2005 08:49
This is interesting, very very interesting. I have a lame microphone, and will probably find good use for this.

I'm going to eat you!
FROGGIE!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2005 21:16
the GUI looks more professional than most commercial software - good job

Is the wave pattern going to be in real time cos that would look really cool?
alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 21st Sep 2005 03:25
When is the first beta release?
The Cage Complex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2005 06:03
Jonny Ree > I wanted something not too complex, but you're right, there's too lost space on that GUI.

Froggie > not he wave form is not in real time ... It looks like a "beautifull designed" display, but in fact the aim is to show more informations than a common wav form (e.g. there is a display mode making the rythm 100% visible even on a loud-distorted-metal record ). But it takes a couple of seconds to process == no real time !

Alex > I have no idea at all I have a huge VB6 app on fire, and I'm about to start a 3rd simultaneous DBP project... But I think 1-2 weeks of work should be enough for a Fission Beta... I'd love to have more time for all that projects !

Tinkergirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2005 18:14
Just a quick question about your already impressive sounding application - will you support batch editing?

I.e. in cases where a person has a great many, similarly recorded files, can they batch process them all in the same way without having to load them individually? Maybe just leave it doing its thing for an hour.

I can imagine that being very useful for voice recordings.
Ric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2005 22:25
Am I missing something here? No offence - your gui looks fantastic, and I see loads of buttons - but what will they actually do? And is this actually written in dbpro? If so, how are you intending to do the sound processing? Sound memblock manipulation?

The Cage Complex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2005 03:26
TinkerGril > I'm only working on sound processing at this time, but your suggestion sounds very usefull. And this wouldn't be a lot of work to make it possible. Well... I keep that in mind!

Ric > In fact each button is a special filter/layer. It's like ~PhotoShop layers : you can modify a function/filter without having to do the entire work again. Actually written in dbPro!? Of course!! I take your question for a compliment At this time it works as direct-to-disk (unless for playing sound after filter-processing).

It could sounds difficult, but processing a wav file is _VERY_ easy!!

alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Sep 2005 05:42
This looks excellent. I want to use it really bad
alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 06:06
so when is it comming out
The Cage Complex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2005 16:06
Sorry I currently have no time working on this project I have to release this week an update of a non-DBP project, and lot of other projects to manage...

But I hope to be back very soon with a BETA of Fission...

Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2005 16:21
Excellent interface indeed!!!!

alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 9th Oct 2005 00:52
Well, I look forward on trying out the bets. Good luck on ur other projects.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 08:32:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 08:32:20