Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help understanding pak files and bsp files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2005 15:35
I am new to Dark Basic pro, but not new to program, I have been using visual basic for a number of years, but I what to make 3d games and from what I have seen Dark Basic Rocks.

I have been reading the Beginners guide to Darkbasic game programming and doing tutorials. The Tutorials that I can not work out is the "0 making a simple fps game.dbpro" in "C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark Basic Professional\Help\tutorials Folder". the code reads: load bsp "world\ikzdm1.pk3","ikzdm1.bsp". But in the World Folder there is no pk3 file only 2 bmp file and the bsp file. I read in the help that you can load pak file as well as pk3 files for the textures. so my questions are;
How does dark basic make the .bmps into a pk3 file.
How does dark basic know where to part the textures within the .bsp file.
How can I make a bsp file with my our textures?

I have made some Quake 1 and 2 bsp maps before using a program called Qoole, I can load a bsp map but there are no textures.

Thanks for reading Darren.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 05:19:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 05:19:13