Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / small..ish code wanted?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was just wondering if anyone has a code (or is willing to make one in their spare time) that i can use.
All i am asking for is a small program no menu no hud or what ever that has some sort of thing that you can move around and when you press a button a cube appears all i need it for is experimenting how to make a map editor.

http://www.dabip.stonerocket.net/next/images/other/couch.jpg
Louiz ofRohr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2005 05:37 Edited at: 21st Sep 2005 05:46
Olá..

Well.. people actually don't like to hear "gimme the codes"..
your question could be:
"How do I create object in real time?"
even it being so easy, remember you're on the newcomers' board..
Anyway.. there is a simple stuff for you below

.edit.
Move the green box around using the arroyKeys.. press "c" to make a cube or "s", to make a sphere..
You are also able to delete objects (just position the green box over the object and press spaceBar)..
.edit.

I hope that helps..

The worst foe lies within the self..
P Schnell
Years of Service
User Offline
Question: what makes you think you want to, or can, make a map editor? By what you've asked I'm assuming you haven't done/understood the Basic 3D tutorials that came with DB.

I don't think a map editor is overly complex, but you might want to try things like making a version of that tank game included with DB out of primitives and little media. That might help you with object manipulation and matrices that you'd likely use in a map editor.

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Nono i not making a map editor im experimenting with a small one

http://www.dabip.stonerocket.net/next/images/other/couch.jpg
Xolatron old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2005 04:05
I believe that getting the 3D coordinates from the mouse cursor is the difficulty Effects Maxter is asking for help with here. Basically it's nice to see if anyone had a small snippet that is way to small to release but could be of use to someone doing something similar.

-Xol

DBpro IonRay IDE: Demo 0.1.0.0 available!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 05:30:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 05:30:22