Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Install and Patch problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

I am totally new to Darkbasic and have just bought Darkbasic pro with various add on packs and am having a nightmare installing them!
I have tried sending email to support but they say they will take 48 hours to reply!

The basic online version of dark basic pro installs ok.
Then I have been trying to patch it to 5.8, but after patching the version number in the about dialog still says 1.054. Is this normal?

I am trying to run an advanced terrain demo but it throws an error when it get to the line

make object terrain 1

I found a download for the advanced terrain pack but it will not activate using the licience that I used for Darkbasic and there does not appear to be anywhere on the web site to allow you to buy an advanced terrain license.

I thought the terrain problem might be solved if I installed the Enhancement pack which we have also bought. When I try and run Enhancements.exe it bombs out with an error, see attached screen shot.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Louiz ofRohr
Years of Service
User Offline
Well the messageBox just says that maybe you have not enough privileges to copy files
into that folder.. or not? Are you the system administrator?

The worst foe lies within the self..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 05:24:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 05:24:41