Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / attached media?

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2005 01:43 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2005 01:43
when i try to build an exe that includes the media, it doesnt work. i compile the file, and it works, but if i remove the media thats supposed to be attached from the folder, it gives the missing media error. my exe is big enogh to include the files

(file=24megs, exe size=25 megs)

and i am not compressing it at all.

can anybody help? because i dont want my media accsesable at all...

[edit] im using dbpro

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
Silent Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2005 02:38
so you selected "build final"? if it is different in pro im sry, im dbc user. also, did you put all the media in the same file folder?

I know what you mean when you say you dont want your media accessable. check out the demo Bolt's Firewall http://www.boltsoftwaregames.com. He doesnt hide any of his files. Brave man.

Version--DB Classic
900 mhz AMD Athlon, 128 MB RAM,
16 MB NVidia Vanta gfx card, Windows ME System software
Xolatron old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2005 04:02
You probably have the media in a subfolder of where your EXE is. The compiler doesn't include paths for included media, all the included media acts as if it were in the same folder as the EXE. To attach a flder to the EXE, you have to pack it ('write directory') and attach the packed file. Then have your EXE unpack it: 'read directory'.

Hope this helps ,

-Xol

DBpro IonRay IDE: Demo 0.1.0.0 available!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2005 11:06
Are you sure you have listed all of the media you want to include in the media tab? It may just be a single file that is missing.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2005 00:37
sorry about my long abscence...anyway, i tried to compress the media, but when i clicked on the exe...it just sat at the bottom menu on the screen and it never actually started up.

and no all my media is in its correct place...if i dont attach media...the exe works fine.

all the media was there...nothing is missing.

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 05:21:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 05:21:50