Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Books for DBPro?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 20:45
okay I hate the tutorials on the web I prefer to have things in books are there real DBpro books to buy somewhere
You never fails, only make mistakes.
Fuzzie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 01:51
The only paper tutorial that I know of is the 50-page book that comes with DBPro when you buy it.

C/C++(Visual Studio, Lattice, GCC), Pascal, Visual Basic, QBasic, Amiga Basic, AMOS, Solaris Native Script... And now also DarkBasic!
rockabillypete
Years of Service
User Offline
www.amazon.co.uk

music is life
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 13:47
We're producing tutorials at the moment that are designed to be printed out (10 of them are live on DBDN, more to follow). So this should help matters when we release them publically.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
Jeffro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 13:47
There is only one book so far for DBPro, you can get it from Amazon. Published by Premier Press in their Game Development Series its called -

Beginner's Guide to DarkBASIC Game Programming.

I have the book and it is aimed (obviously) at a complete noob, but it is well written and quite humorous in parts. It will take you from not knowing what a variable is up to a reasonably advanced level. The final game is an online multiplayer car game, so thats fairly advanced!

In addition it has a cd with it that has a .pdf file with the whole set of language commands and their syntax - very useful.

By the way, the book covers both DBv1 and DBPro.

It's never as easy as it looks!
Morales
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 02:40
whats funny is when you buy darkbasicpro they tell you
if you know nothing about programing this is right for you
to start your programing. so if you know nothing they should show you what to do, but they dont they just show you what they know and show that they know what there doing. me it took me a while to figerout what a function is intell the help files showed me how to use them and explaind how to use them. but that was the only thing they explain right. the othere comands.... i dont what a vector is or how to loop my objects. dark basic pro is a very good program and i would chose nothing else. if only the darkbasic team could explain the hard comands and explain them the way they explaind the function comand this would
be very good for people who dont know anything about programing. also forgive me for my pore spelling i need some sleep.
Slooper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 15:08
no harm done my spelling is very bad to, never use the english so often I am from sweden you now. a new test showed that the people in sweden was the worst englishspellers after the norway people

You never fails, only make mistakes.
Fuzzie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2003 02:06
That's because people like you screw up our stast... statits... statics... OUR AVERAGE SCORE!

C/C++(Visual Studio, Lattice, GCC), Pascal, Visual Basic, QBasic, Amiga Basic, AMOS, Solaris Native Script, 68000-Assembler, Java, J++, Bash GNU... And now also a little bit of DarkBasic!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 17:48:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 17:48:43