Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / my tools..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 23:05
Ok,I need to do a large 3D world, here is the tools that I'm using..please comments and sugestions..

1º - Magic World to make the matrix and to insert the 3d models

2º - Deep exploration and milkshape to view and arranged my models

3º - Quark for make the bsp files for indoor maps, the bsps are in form of quake3 in quark.

4º - Darkbasicpro...

The game is a misture of tomb raider with diablo 2. Please make some comments.

Thanks in advance,
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2003 02:22
hmm... well i'd either use BSP (thought personally wouldn't use Quark) or i'd use UV Worlds, it all depends on what kind of worlds you require.

TR and Diablo have extremely opposite types of world... UV Worlds would be the most open option because you could customise it to your own needs

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Fallen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2003 13:44
to raven: My worlds have to be vast open spaces so i think that bsp are not good for that.. sorry for my extreme ignorance bur what is a UV world and how I create one? by de way what is the bsp editor that u use to make bsps to use in darkbasic?

Thaks in advance,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:52:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:52:33