Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I've seen so many Matedit tutorials, but I still can't get it to display.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2005 03:20
I really need help on this. Everyone seems to be able to get them to show but me.
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2005 05:09
If you are talking about using MatEdit matrices in your own programs, you do know it was written for DB Classic right?

If you have DB Pro, then you need the Pro version of the LoadMatrix #Include file.

TDK_Man

SimSmall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2005 14:39
Count yourself lucky - I still can't even download it

...maybe one day I'll finish a project
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2005 17:22
Quote: "I still can't even download it"

How come?

I know it's an older version, but it's still available from the DB Showcase here:

http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com/?m=showcase&i=5

I am in the process of sorting out all my old files and hopefully will have an upgrade download available soon...

TDK_Man

Medusa
Years of Service
User Offline
Problems with Matedit?
I've used it from version 5 all the way to 6f and even the pro test.
Not only was it free but unlike so much that is free it always works, never crashes and produces the goods.
The manuals that came with both version 5 and 6 were very well written, very professional.
I can state for the record that there is no problem with the application and have many fine matrices to prove it.
Regards.
N.B. TDKs version of Cheap Trees is excellent.

mpc
cloneboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2005 00:34
I'm using the one for DB Classic.
I think.... How can I check?
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2005 02:43
do you have darkbasic classic or darkbasic professional?

cloneboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2005 16:37
I only have Classic.
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2005 18:27
Quote: "I only have Classic"

You shouldn't have any problems then.

When you run MatEdit, the first screen you see will says what version of MatEdit it is at the top. If you downloaded it from the DB Showcase then it will be V1.6b. (MatEdit was updated a number of times on the MatEdit web site, but the version in the showcase wasn't).

If you go to the download page at www.matedit.com you can download the latest version. I suggest you get the full version of V1.6e and the V1.6f update as it is the latest stable version.

Once you have got V1.6f installed, open up DB and load the CandyLand demo from the Demos folder and run it.

If it works, then everything is working fine and you should have no problems using MatEdit on your system. All you need to do is read the docs and learn how to use it.

The demos are commented with all the important bits you need to know and in the docs it tells you a quick way to get your own matrix working with the CandyLand demo program.

Actually, there are a number of ways to get your own matrices up and running in your own programs - they are all explained in the documentation.

TDK_Man

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 05:22:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 05:22:22