Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / [LOCKED] i want to make a benchmark program

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hello. i am new to programing and the only thing i ever did was some BASIC on my old IBM PCjr system. and i only half finished a trivia game on there with text graphics. actually i only got 3 questions done. and i was about maby 10 when i did that. now i am 16 and want to try to make a benchmark program. and i want it to start out with a menu with 2 options "START" "QUIT" and i also want it so when you pick start the benchmark goes like this:
first i want a display with the current FPS and i want it logged to a txt or something.
and the first test will be simple. a rotating cube that rotates up down and goes right in rotation.
then i want, when that test is done to log to the txt file the average FPS of that test. and i want that test to last 10 secconds.
and then we move on to a high res sphere model. same thing for this.
then a high res sphere with lights (3) one red one blue one green circleing around it.
then i want a terrain test with a randomly generated terrain (dosent have to be random) but with a set ammount of polys. then the camera or if it is easier the terrain moves like you are flying around through the hills. that one lasts 30 secconds.

then once those tests are done it displays the avrages in the txt avraged them selves to make a sort of score.

it sounds easy in my mind. and i can prolly do it with cinema 4d but that isnt realtime. so could someone please help me get into a direction.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 05:17:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 05:17:35