Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Spector Version 0.01

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2005 21:03 Edited at: 24th Sep 2005 22:42
Hello everyone. I have been working for about an hour now on this new game, Spector: The Hunted. The game takes place in the present as you being a "ghost hunter". You have been born as a person that can see the dead, and your job on Earth is to protect humans from the fears of these dark creatures. The story is in development, and I just started some programming of the game, so I have a level screen right now located at www.gmadvanced.com/screens/screenie1.bmp. Check it out and tell me what you think.
Enjoy!

C. Nom De Plum
Advancement Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2005 21:34 Edited at: 24th Sep 2005 21:35
I have another screenie. I will post the link to it here: http://www.gmadvanced.com/screens/screenie2.bmp. This is some of the in Cshop workings of the game. I am having a little trouble with the engine programming, but it should be done soon, and I will have a demo released to the public in a few weeks with one level of gameplay, and some startup screens and all that.

C. Nom De Plum
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2005 22:32
Firstly, if you ever post a bmp again, you will be banned.

Second, you need to show some actual game progress if you're gona ask for modellers and programmers.

The future is here, and I can't afford it.
Advancement Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2005 22:42 Edited at: 24th Sep 2005 22:44
Sorry, I will edit my posts on that. Why will I be banned for posting bmps. Paint makes jpgs look blured all the time.

Okay, so I am now almost done with level one for the modeling. I am also adding in some of the guns that I would like, and the enemy AI for the flying ghosts are almost complete.

The following has been implemented into the game so far:

Title Screen
Two Guns
Controls (wasd to move, shift to run, lmb for primary weapon, q to zoom)
Level One
Flying mutants
Mutant #1 AI

C. Nom De Plum
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2005 23:16 Edited at: 24th Sep 2005 23:17
Quote: "Why will I be banned for posting bmps. Paint makes jpgs look blured all the time."

You wont be banned, but while we always want to see screenshots of games, we'd rather not if it means waiting ten times longer to see them. We'll understand if your pics are blurry, but we wont forgive you for wasting our time by posting larger images, that we don't even know if we want to see or not. With that being said, the level designs look nice, and I'm amazed at how fast you seem to be progressing. I like the Idea, and I hope the levels will be varied, including outdoor places and some places ordinary people might live. Maybe you could have to defeat all the ghosts in a small town for one level. Sounds cool though, and I hope to see a screen of the working game soon.

Advancement Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Yup. I am working on the game right now. I was going to use some of the guns from FPSC, but the whole game is being programmed with DBPro. The basic engine is almost complete with the player controls right now, and I will have another few screenshots of the levels and game later today.

C. Nom De Plum
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
So, I guess this means WoE is no more Chris? Anyways if you get better textures for the levels (like from limefly.net) then the levels will be great because right now the textures only make it seem meh.

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2005 22:08
What he means to say is the textures suck.

People really have to start being more open and honest on these forums. Seriously.

The future is here, and I can't afford it.
Darkbasic MADPSP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2005 22:10
i would help but i'm now with that blackout project

Gtas back and bigger and better than before
Advancement Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the link anime. The WoE is still in production, this is just something on the side for now. I know that I need new textures for the levels right now. If I could get someone to help with the textures and modeling, I think that I will have some pretty good levels going. What do you think of the lighting? I will have some more screens of the game today. I am not on my home ccomputer right now.

C. Nom De Plum
Advancement Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Anime: The limefly.net did not work for some reason. It said that it could not find the server. Does anybody else know of any texture resources for free or a low price?

C. Nom De Plum
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Certain people on these boards need to stop being ass-holes.

Seriously I didn't think they sucked they just could be better. And the limefly site is working for me Chris.

Advancement Games
Years of Service
User Offline
It is working now. I was on a bad computer when I went there. I do agree. People have to stop with the flaming, including some mods. I really do not know how to make textures, so I am just using the ones that I have gathered from countless programs and DarkBASIC Pro.

C. Nom De Plum
Advancement Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, I have another screen up and an alternative link to a jpg on this one. www.gmadvanced.com/screens/screenie4.bmp OR www.gmadvanced.com/screens/screenie4.jpg. The engine is almost fully complete. I am currently adding in some gun animations and stuff, and then I will be all set.

C. Nom De Plum

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 08:34:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 08:34:06