Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [LOCKED] To all Mods

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2005 17:34 Edited at: 25th Sep 2005 17:46
Dear Mods,
I have been recently reading the forums and seeing how some mods are totally flaming people even if there work is small and the graphics suck. But I personally think that Mods should be kinder to the newcomers. Go ahead, lock this board or ban me permenantly, but is that the only possible way to solve your own problems. I mean, how many people have mods brought down others, a whole lot to me. What's the point of Lee making them Mods if that is all they ever do- maybe it is a good thing that Lee doesn't read the forums, or there would be no current Mods except a few. All I'm asking is for Mods to stop flaming my work, as well as others. And also, I am totally PO'd about how you flamed Dark Basic Mad. You locked his board of his game. It was worth a W.I.P Post, he had screenshots and a demo. And yet Ian had to flame the crap out of him. Until Richard Davey broke up the fight by locking his board. HOW DOES THAT HELP US. When we spend some time to make something and have it thrown away by a freaking Mod. AND PLEASE MODS SHUT THE **** ABOUT THE TEAM REQUESTS BOARD. I ALREADY READ IT. Oh and, Look at me RPGamer. I made a team request board but it can't be locked because I'm a Mod. What a punk.

Games I am releasing:
Dragon Stone I : Journey to Achilles Dungeon - 2006?
Darkbasic MADPSP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2005 17:44
Shouldn't this be in general talk?

Gtas back and bigger and better than before
DrewG
Years of Service
User Offline
Not sure, but I like it here, that's where all my work gets locked up...

Games I am releasing:
TDP Enterprises
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2005 17:49
OMG...........

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning!"

(name that movie ppl)

(TDP puts on fire-proof suit and runs for flame thrower)

“A lot of people approach risk as if it’s the enemy when it’s really fortune’s accomplice” - Sting“
.......S-S-D-D.......
lagmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 25th Sep 2005 18:35 Edited at: 25th Sep 2005 18:36
wow been on here only a month, nice flame towards the mods.

team requests closed because of all the N00BS posting there, it was almost impossible to find a decent team. i think near the end there was loads of requests for a mmorpg team.

/me places a $10 wager, he'll be banned

the tgc team do read the forum, just not as much as before. you have to remember they work on stuff and have a thing called a life.

why bother flaming the mods? they're only here doing a job for free. i wont touch a mod job simply because of the noobs that come on here, i'll probably die laughing.

lagmaster - irc.devhat.net <--
Wireplay TFC Stats
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2005 18:38
If you'd have bothered making a decent length well written team request post your's would have stayed up there. You couldn't be bothered, it got locked, deal with it.

Just some small comparisons:

RPGamers : http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=59866&b=8

Hamishes : http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=41284&b=8

Your's : http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=61385&b=8

You can clearly see why as a team request it got locked. As a WIP post it would have stayed. I would suggest attempting to write it up again in a more professional manner but now you've posted this pile of rubbish you've pretty much lost all crediblity, and your gonna get slapped to nOObville, bye!
DrewG
Years of Service
User Offline
Well before I say anything, forget your $10 wager, I place $50 I get banned, but still, don't ya think the mods are being too harsh and punkish sometimes, look around at the locked boards. Does that help me explain myself. Oh and thanks lagmaster for the compliment about me flaming the mods. So what if I've been here only a month, ignore that and look at the on-going problem. not all mods are jerks, just people like Rpgamer and Ian T. Jessticular

Games I am releasing:
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2005 18:52 Edited at: 25th Sep 2005 19:46
Yeah I know, Im a jerk. I locked your team request You need to be more willing to listen to others. I locked your thread for a reason, maybe if you would read the rules you would see that. Try and be a little bit more open before calling me a jerk, because quite honestly, you dont know me, and I am -not- a jerk at all.

Quote: "AND PLEASE MODS SHUT THE **** ABOUT THE TEAM REQUESTS BOARD. I ALREADY READ IT."

Really? I wouldnt have guessed that. Go take a read again and tell me if you HONESTLY find your thread to be following all of those rules, then compair it to mine.

Quote: "Oh and, Look at me RPGamer. I made a team request board but it can't be locked because I'm a Mod. What a punk."

Well, lets do some 'Compair and Contrast' here. Lets look at the two threads in view.

Your Thread
My Thread

Now please be honest and tell me why my thread isnt locked. Is it because I'm a moderator? No. It is because, quite simply, my post is full of information and screenshots reguarding my project. Yours has 2 screenshots of a character in a boxed in area. This also happens to be the demo. Your source code might be about 100 lines in that demo. Hardly enough for a WIP.

You tell us -nothing- about your game. No storyline, no background info, NOTHING. Just that you need modellors. Quite honestly, who wants to model for a project where all's you have accomplished is walking around? This is why my team request thread remains unlocked, I supply sufficient information about my project.

Please read this quote directly off that ?m=team_requests page. The one you read, remember? If you cant find it, its the very first line on the page! Whoa!!

Quote: "First of all not ALL of them are locked. The vast majority are because they don't adhere to some very simple guidelines. If your post follows these guidelines then it will be approved. If you cannot follow the guidelines then your project isn't yet at a stage where it's suitable to have a Team Request post made about it. "

Notice the comments by the users in your post. I think someone even DIRECTS you to my team request in order to help you on your own request. Do you see how your post is full people telling you that your game isnt ready for a WIP post? Now go browse through my thread quickly. Notice how there arent ANY of those posts...

Quote: "Well before I say anything, forget your $10 wager, I place $50 I get banned"

No, I wont ban you for stating an honest opinion. I wont even noob slap you. I'll just lock this thread because its posted in the wrong section. However I guess that will make me an even bigger jerk.

Oh, and feel free to email me where I flamed people because their graphics sucked. I really want to see this. If you really want to keep this thread going, repost it in general section with a bit more information to back up your agrument against myself and the other mods. Right now, YOU DONT HAVE ONE.

Click here to join our forums and get updates on game progress sooner!
Jess T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2005 19:44
Ok, guys, I am unlocking this thread to give Sony a chance to explain. Please, don't post. Otherwise, thread's gone to wherever it is threads go when they get deleted.

Hey Sony,

'tis a real shame when people come on to the forum and talk down other people. And it's even more of a shame that it was directed toward myself and other mods.

Your main beef seems to be with RPGamer, mainly because you're upset that your thread was locked ( I'd be upset if any of my threads got locked ). But, RPG gave his reasons and they seem valid and fair to me.

However, you brought me into this ( oh, and Ian too ), and I was curious about where I had gone wrong?
Personally, I try to conduct myself in a relaxed manor, and be as much a part of the community as everyone else is, but exercise my powers as a Moderator when they're needed ( which we all have to do, otherwise the forum falls into anarchy, and that's bad ), maybe that's why you don't like me..?

So, any explanation as to why you don't like me all that much?

Jess.

Team EOD :: All-Round Nice Guy
Want Better dbHelp Files?
DrewG
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Jessticular,
Sorry about that last post, I messed up and posted before I could finish writing, This is how it is posted "not all mods are jerks, just people like Rpgamer and Ian T. Jessticular", I meant to finish that statement like this. not all mods are jerks, just people like Rpgamer and Ian T. Jessticular isn't and neither is Richard Davey. I just immediately had to go and thought I had finished typing you never did anything wrong. I barely got back right now and wanted to clear that part up. Now on to the part where I back myself up from Rpgamer and Ian T. Firstly, you may seem why I am mad. I have a 56k modem, which runs slower than that. My cpu isn't slow just my modem. So I was posting a demo about 5 megs big, but it wouldn't load very fast due to my connection. I was tired and just decided to post up pictures. I was going to post more, but I don't have a T-Lan connection like Rpgamer. That's my little beef about Rpgamer. Now lastly for Ian T, he got me mad at making fun of a fellow programmer. On DarkBasic Mad's Gta game, he pretty much laughed and jerked around with him, about the code size and other stuff. I personally think it's a great start for Darkbasic Mad since according to him, he's a newcomer. All he wanted to do was try his little bit and see where he could improve. That's why upset about Ian.

-Sony

Games I am releasing:
Advancement Games
Years of Service
User Offline
You have to understand that the mods at apollo are very strict, and I do not really think that it will change soon. You have to make your topic convincing and ask for help once you ahve something big to show.

C. Nom De Plum
DrewG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2005 23:10 Edited at: 25th Sep 2005 23:16
Oh and one last thing Jess I almost forgot.
I have never and will never have anything against you. Rpgamer never thought of all possible reasons why I only posted those two pictures. I am sorry to any Mods I misled. And to your last message Rpgamer, you won't be a jerk for locking this board, that's that, but to lock my boards just because my pictures aren't great as you "DEEN" character is just plain wrong. Just because I don't have as much as pictures as you shouldn't lock up my post. You must have a fast connection to have all those pictures. Oh and before I forget again, the graphics go to Ian. Sorry buddy. And Rpgamer, you saying yourself that you're not a jerk is quite weird. Is that how you keep your self-esteem up?

Games I am releasing:
Frozen Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2005 23:35 Edited at: 25th Sep 2005 23:35
Quote: "And Rpgamer, you saying yourself that you're not a jerk is quite weird. Is that how you keep your self-esteem up? "

lol sorry i just find that funny. oo man.. i would find that insulting if that was said to me.

People view other people however they want, you gotta get to know them to see if your right or wrong on ur judgement. And usually people will be as they say they are, again, u just gotta find it in them.

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2005 23:40
I have to admit, I had a really good laugh reading through your replies. So I guess Im a jerk because I dont have a 56k connection? Well sorry, Im really TRUTHFULLY sorry! Im sorry that I dont have SUPER AWESOME MIND READING POWERS that enable me to know that you have this type of connection.

I find it -HILLARIOUS- (and so do many of the people I sent this thread to) that you have 'beef' with me because I have a better internet connection then you! Please, for the love of EVERYONE HERE, grow up!

So I guess that means we need to go edit the rules! Sony doesnt have to follow the rules JUST BECAUSE he has a 56k connection! Lets make the world REVOLVE around Sony!

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2005 23:48
Quote: "You have to understand that the mods at apollo are very strict, and I do not really think that it will change soon. You have to make your topic convincing and ask for help once you ahve something big to show."

The attitude to Team Request is strict. However, I think I'm personally fairly easy going regarding the rest of things.

Mods are here to approve posts and enforce rules. Not be pillars of the community.

"A book. If u know something why cant u make a kool game or prog.
come on now. A book. I hate books. book is stupid. I know that I need codes but I dont know the codes"
soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2005 23:51 Edited at: 25th Sep 2005 23:52
Quote: "You have to understand that the mods at apollo are very strict"

Um, no they aren't.

EDIT:: Arrghh, typed as you were posting, damn you 56k

*tries to think of witty and original signature*
*fails*
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2005 23:55
Sorry, for posting that stupid off topic thing, back on topic now-

Sony, you have to understand that Your post just didn't meet enough requirements for a team request. Look at mine - It's called "My new DBC Game". I tried giving a demo with a screen shot of my character as well. I gave a little 'Controls' part in my post. No offense, but all you did was post Screen shots, but they were still good.

You just have to have more then that when you post a team request.
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, that 56K modem thing was kinda weird, and why not just let your computer upload it overnight? Or wright a longer post?
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2005 23:58
Its not like I even flamed him in the post. I posted the team request rules url just to say 'This is why your thread was locked' and the guy flips out. Pretty bogus defense too, this forum gets funnier and funnier every day

Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline

It's true, and the link to your project was just to show how he should've done it.......
TDP Enterprises
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2005 00:00
when i read this this morning, all i could think was:

OMG...........

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning!"

(name the movie thats from)

But thats definetly not a good team request.

“A lot of people approach risk as if it’s the enemy when it’s really fortune’s accomplice” - Sting“
.......S-S-D-D.......
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2005 00:01
Dude. You already posted that. Good job going around telling forum rules, you just broke one
TDP Enterprises
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2005 00:03 Edited at: 26th Sep 2005 00:05
sweet, but my orignal 1 got ate up in the newb slap proccess before i didnt see that it finally got approved.

P.S. I'll tell ppl forum rules as i see fit, and i did not make an identical post, this one was different, besdies, i did it on accident thinking my original still hadnt been approved...

.......S-S-D-D.......
Flindiana Jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2005 00:06
I think that there is fault on everyone's sides: RPG Gamer, you could be nicer in this thread... while I admit you were not all that mean in the other thread, in this one you're tearing sony apart. And sony, maybe you could have explained your dial upness in the thread, and maybe say that you were going to post something later.

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2005 00:13 Edited at: 26th Sep 2005 00:15
Please understand that the team requests board was a pile of poo. There were many posts on a daily basis that were far worse than yours. If you had seen them you would realise why the Mods are so tight about what team requests stay. The fact that your thread was locked was nothing personal, it simply didn't meet the guidelines. End of story.

And I think RPG Gamer has a right to be annoyed, seeing as you flamed him for having done nothing wrong whatsoever. It was obviously a misunderstanding, unless you want to carry on stating that he was in the wrong.

TDP Enterprises
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2005 00:14 Edited at: 26th Sep 2005 00:15
I dont think RPG has done anything wrong on here, its only sony. I realy think ppl should read the stickies and actually look at other team requests before they go and do something stupid like that.
Its like:

Somebody german coming to the U.S.(who is 15, which is a legal drinking age in Germany), then drinking, getting arrested for it(since the legal age is 21), then blaming the cops for his hangover....

Not that this has happended to me or anyone else that i know b4.......

.......S-S-D-D.......
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2005 00:29 Edited at: 26th Sep 2005 00:31
...What does speed have to do with posting pictures? I just upload them to photobucket.com, and post the image name here. It sounds more like you don't have enough time.

But I don't think RPGamer was that upset about you only having two pictures. I think he was upset because those two pics didn't show much, and also that your game had very little information, and said you had a demo and didn't post it. I know you might have a slower connection, but you could have edited the post to say you would be uploading a demo soon. Also, I think you should address the other issues RPGamer brought up.

You're fuming about how he said you didn't show great pictures, when that wasn’t even a large part of what he was trying to get across. You really should compare his team request to yours. If you don't, you won't be able to make a better team request once you're far enough into the project for people to know that it will be good and you'll finish. You shouldn't be mad at RPGamer. He has a well thought out request, that's very specific, and says exactly how much is done in the game, and gives people an idea of what it's about.

The impression I got when reading your post was that the only thing you had gotten done in the program was walking around. If you hadn't posted it as a team request, people would have accepted it as a WIP, and when the time was right, you could have asked for modelers to help you, and if your project looked good, they would have been happy to assist you.

Your argument has no bearings, and you really haven't gotten nearly far enough into the game to need good graphics yet. In my experience, games actually come out better when you use place holder graphics until the engine is completely finished. I mean, look at Urbia Rising! Some people are getting impatient because of the lack of graphics, but the engine in it seems to be very sophisticated! You can also look at squirrel wars. Slightly Less Young Programmer doesn't exactly have to greatest graphics in his game, and he's made it clear that he's fairly new to programming. But his game is a huge success because he's given many demos, shown progress, is open to ideas, and a nice person overall. I've got to tell you, this thread isn't making you look like all that great a guy yourself.

And the reason RPGamer said he wasn't a jerk is not to make himself feel better, but because like most people, he doesn't like being called one by one person who against most peoples opinion calls him one. His game looks and sounds great, and after reading all your threads all I know about your game is that it's about a guy going down into a place called Achilles dungeon, that you aren't progressing very fast, and that you're a poor modeler. I’m sure there’s more, but you haven’t made it clear.

I'm also guessing you're new to programming, but please correct me if I'm wrong. If you are, then you shouldn't be requesting anything, because RPGs are some of the hardest games to make. They have to be huge, have battle systems, have tons of in game people to talk to, and few of the people to post them here ever finish. A good example of the type of screens you should have for an rpg are littered across this thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=57995&b=8

Quote: ""First of all not ALL of them are locked. The vast majority are because they don't adhere to some very simple guidelines. If your post follows these guidelines then it will be approved. If you cannot follow the guidelines then your project isn't yet at a stage where it's suitable to have a Team Request post made about it. ""

...and that really is the first line.

I have nothing against your game, Sony, and I do agree that people were a bit harsh with the GTA thread, even if it wasn’t ready for a WIP post.

DrewG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2005 00:34 Edited at: 26th Sep 2005 00:36
Okay to everyone, so I guess it is my fault for not telling everyone my speed of connection. Maybe I should tell every little part about my life so everyone knows why my team request "sucked" in rpgamer's eyes. And I don't blame RPGamer for not knowing that my connection sucked, just that he should think before flaming me on my team request. Now the reason that I didn't "BEEF UP" my team request, because on my part of the world, people go to sleep when I was typing that all up. And Rpgamer, if you do want the world to revolve around me, then go ahead. I didn't see a freaking demo on your game. Geez. You're supposed to be a mod, not a flamer who critizes my work as well as others. And if you think I should add more, tell me, I know I should've of made my game team request like yours, but I ain't the best Graphic Designer with a fancy title name and picture to go with it. I put up pictures, but unlike you I don't have the luxury of staying all day and night on the computer. Before I could post more information about my game, you already locked it. Unlike other mods who give the programmers time to adjust. And also bout the 56k crap, it doesn't make anyone a jerk, just who flame others because they don't have all the speed in the world. And RPGAmer you take all this like a joke. You know what, PISS OFF.

Games I am releasing:
DrewG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2005 00:38 Edited at: 26th Sep 2005 00:41
@ Everyone else

There is a freaking lot more you can do besides walk around, get that crap out of your head. And also, I greatly appreciate all who are trying to defuse the situation. It's appreciated but please stop.

@ Bizar Guy
First thing, I don't give a **** about how anyone views me. That's there own opinion as they're entitled to it. Think of me as however the **** you want. I don't really care. So don't post how you feel about me.

@ Rpgamer
So both of us are wrong and right. It's not yours or my fault. Truce?

Games I am releasing:
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2005 00:39 Edited at: 26th Sep 2005 00:52
Sigh, That was one line, and I was just try to say that if you want to be hated keep going. And if you don't care and really want to be banned, why don't you just leave?
If you had understood my post, I was trying to say work on your game and post a better thread where you actualy tell us what you've acomplished, and don't make it a team requset.
I don't see why you want people to keep their opinions about you to themselves when you're openly telling people your opinions about them, while using much profanity.

TDP Enterprises
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2005 00:59 Edited at: 26th Sep 2005 01:06
Quote: "It's appreciated but please stop."

i would have, but no....
Quote: "You know what, PISS OFF."

im gonna sum this up with movie quotes:

RPGamer to Sony:"What a dump."

Sony to RPGamer:Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape.

RPGamer to Sony:You can't handle the truth!

Everyone to you 2:Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!

RPGamer to Sony:A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Sony to RPGamer:You talking to me?

RPGamer to Sony:What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Sony to RPGamer:Say "hello" to my little friend!

RPGamer to Sony:You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Everyone Else:Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night.

Sony to RPGamer:I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too!

RPGamer to Sony:Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn. I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse. Hasta la vista, baby.

Sony's Last Words:Go ahead, make my day........You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am.

P.S. Holy sh**! It says this thread has 2552 views? Is there a glitch in the forums or is someone a lil too addicted to this thread???

.......S-S-D-D.......
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2005 01:19
Uhhh, this might end the problem:

Sony + RPGamer: You were both wrong of what you did. Apologize.

Everyone Else: Stop spamming, trying to make your nerdy self look cool, and mind your own buisness.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2005 01:27
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2005 06:42
Quote: "Personally, I try to conduct myself in a relaxed manor"

I thought you lived in a dorm? *Boom Tish*

"Computers are useless, they can only give you answers."
Jess T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2005 07:07
Ok, so noone read my thing about not posting, and just let Sony explain himself?

Well, good work.

Anyway: Sony, I'm glad you like me and Rich

Bizar Guy, That's a very nice post *nod*

Exeat, 'har' 'har' 'har'

Team EOD :: All-Round Nice Guy
Want Better dbHelp Files?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 08:31:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 08:31:38