Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Newbie looking for help with MatEdit_6 by TDK man (DBPro)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2005 23:47
Hi all

I recently downloaded the MatEdit_6.exe from a link on one of the posts, from the looks of it, it is amazing, to create a landscape with relative ease.

I do however have a minor problem...

I started by making my matrix of a landscape, saving the .moa, then built a .dba, of which i opened in Darkbasic Pro, which produced a lot of code to build the matrix.

I tried to build an executable file but it said "#100011: Cound not understand command at line 139" which the line reads "Data 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0".

If I use the remstart and remend commands at the beginning of the "Matrix Texture Data" Section I can build an executable file, attempt to run it but then it says "Rutime error 7011: Matrix dimensions are illegal at line 38" of which the line reads
"Read UsersImage#".

I will put the source code here

This is how it loaded into DarkBasic Pro from the .dba file a built using MatEdit_6.

Is there a compatability error or am I missing a stupidly easy thing to solve this problem?

Any help would be great, thanks

"Death is but an escape chosen by those who dare not live. I merely emancipate their souls." - Shadowblade, Master of Assassins.
nojbox87
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2005 00:07
im not an expert at this but as far as i know the code it creates is for DBC and therefore doesnt work for DBPro. I may be totally wrong though. If i see TDK(the maker of matedit) then ill ask him
Rikimaru
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2005 19:19
ahh, thanks

So it is a compatability error then, different languages I guess

Any know of a DBPro Matedit or something along the same lines?

"Death is but an escape chosen by those who dare not live. I merely emancipate their souls." - Shadowblade, Master of Assassins.
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2005 19:22
As nojbox87 says, MatEdit was written for DB Classic - way before DB Pro was available!

The Write DBA option therefore would probably not work without alteration, though I never tested it.

One thing to check if you are trying it is to make sure that in the block of Data statements at the end of the program there are NO lines with just the word 'Data' on it's own on them. If there are, just delete them.

Also, none of the Data lines should end with a comma.

(Both of these are down to one of those 'occasional' bugs that I could never replicate myself).

Finally, when you use the Write DBA option, you don't need ANY other files to make it work. Read the docs - it's all explained in there.

If your program uses the .MDF file, then that's when the LoadMatrix.dba #Include file is required and when DBP came out, I created a new one called LoadMatrixPro.dba.

TDK_Man

TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2005 19:25
Just had a look at the code snippet which I missed the first time.

Delete all the lines which just have 'Dat' on them.

If it doesn't work then, you'll need to modify the program for DBPro, though it would however work in DB Classic at that point.

TDK_Man

Rikimaru
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2005 20:36
Thanks TDK, great help

btw the matedit is really impressive, you did a great job

Thanks again

Rikimaru
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2005 20:46
I just deleted the "Dat" lines and now I can build the executable

however... (as there always is) there's a error 7011 that when I try to run the program, that says: Matrix dimensions illegal at line 38.

But line 38 reads: Read UsersImage#

I don't even know what it's refering too, any thoughts?

(Don't worry this should be the last question :S)

TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2005 22:12 Edited at: 27th Sep 2005 22:15
DB's line error reporting has always been dubious. If it says the error is on line 38, the only thing you can be sure of is that the error isn't on line 38!

I thought you'd have a problem using the DBA code MatEdit writes and it's purely down to the way things have changed in DBP.

You have two options:

1. Figure out the problems with the code (which 100% definitely works in DBC) to make it work in DBP.

2. Use the Build option to create a .MDF and a .BMP texture file and use the LoadMatrixPro #Include file in your program to load your matrix. See the CandyLand demo to see how it's done.

TDK_Man

Rikimaru
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2005 23:05
Ok, thanks again

Silent Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2005 00:39
i have a question and this might relate,
Can you use #include on a .dba file when using dbpro?

Version--DB Classic
900 mhz AMD Athlon, 128 MB RAM,
16 MB NVidia Vanta gfx card, Windows ME System software
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2005 00:44
Yes.

In DBPro though, you add external include files to the project panel - rather than actually in the main program.

TDK_Man

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 05:18:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 05:18:06