Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / EEEeeek! Need Help Pleeeeese!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've just got DarkBasic Pro today & it's the most wonderful of improvements ever....

HOWEVER....

The EXE creation ignores everything that I tell it For example, it won't use any of my icons and my project properties always come out as a string of numbers.

I tried installing the latest patch, but all that's managed to do is create an error when compliling my .EXE:

"Command in DLL command-table unrecognised (MESSAGEBOX%S%MessageBoxPopup)"

Any clues as to what's gone wrong?
Magefire
Years of Service
User Offline
I know that you might have tried it but it is usually a very good idea to uninstall it completely (make sure it is totally gone by going to "C:\Program Files" and making sure that the dark basic professional edition folder is not there. Then reinstall it. Check to see if it works and then install the patch. After that you might want to contact the tech support.

battleman100
Years of Service
User Offline
Yus, That was my first idea I completely eradicated it from my PC and re-installed - but all I got was the same result The only thing I actually managed to do was avoid getting the annoying "Command in DLL command-table unrecognised (MESSAGEBOX%S%MessageBoxPopup)" error but in doing so, all my demos now ran at roughly 2-4FPS - YUK!

Can anyone tell me what the email address is for tech support please?

Phoenix
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm new to Dark Basic Pro and it didn't come with any books so I would really apreciate it if someone would
help me with the sync commands.

You know just how they work.
a little push in the right direction.
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 22:32
To my knowledge, the sync commands allow you to set when the scene should be redrawn. They also coincide with the vertical refresh of the monitor, so you don't get two frames appearing at once, one each half of the screen. You turn manual syncing on by using SYNC ON, then you can set a maximum(!) frame rate using the SYNC RATE command, then when the scene needs to be redrawn (usually at the end of the main loop) just use SYNC. Then you can turn it off again using SYNC OFF. A sync rate of 0 will give you the maximum frames per second.

Once I was but the learner,
now, I am the Master.
Phoenix
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks
battleman100
Years of Service
User Offline
Quick update:
I did a clean install of Windows 98 on my second HDD. I have installed the Video Drivers, DirectX 8.1 and DBPro (plus patches) - the problem is exactly the same. It must either be my copy of DarkBasicPro, or a problem with Win 98.

Trying to find an email address for tech support - does anyone know it, 'cause all I can find is a general one for FastTrak.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 17:47:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 17:47:44