Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / My first segment, and when i try to use it in FPS, it crashes with "Runtime Error"

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there,
finaly i understand the segment editor (thanks to the great tutorials, and i made my first segments (cool). But right away, i stumbled over the next problems:
The first one is: When i try to load a texture, the browser just shows me 2 files, but in the directory there are more than these two. I get my texture in the editor, by overwriting one of the two textures. But however, how may i get my other textures visible in the editor???
Then, when i have saved my segment, i copy it, with the .bin and .bmp file into my fps folder: fpscreator/files/segments/user/corridors
Now in FPS editor, i can navigate to that folder, i can see the thumbnail, but when i try to load the segment, i get an "Runtime error 7001 - mesh number illegal at line 9675".
What am i doing wrong?
All help apprechiated!
Thanks,
Heiner

Imagination rules!!!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2005 22:54
make sure ur segment is correct format and the same with the texture .tga

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON™ 9700 128MB DDR, 80GB Hard Drive
carlito
Years of Service
User Offline
i get the same problem, the textures are the correct format and the segment is saved as .fps as in the tutorials....help needed
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2005 02:20
are the textures in the texture bank and the meshes in the meshbank?

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
Heiner McHink
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

Bullshock, you where right. I put all the stuff in the meshbank and into the texturebank, and then it worked.
Regarding the other problem i had, of TGAs not showing: The TGAs need to stick to to the naming conventions. Just look what kind of name shows up in the browser, and use that and just increase the number used in the texture.
Regards,
Heiner

Imagination rules!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 12:26:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 12:26:28