Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / paint your models accuratly with this free UV mapper

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2003 22:18
I have found a site which has a link to a free uv mapper / unwrapper or whatever u like to call them. You can use it to plot your models surface on a 2d dimension, save the model with its new uv co ords and save a bitmap to produce a skin on your object. The key to making low polygon models look brilliant.
http://www.designaline.co.za/3DGSUV/3dgsuv_pages/3dgsVoice_programs_skinning.html

Remember it claims to be free and it is worth every penny. My brief experiments seem to show it works. However there is no support - I dont think...
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2003 22:23
These are all known unwrapper from different comapnie just regrouped together,some of them cost,like Lithunwrap's successor Unwrap 3d...Good link though.

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
the architect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2003 22:38
lith unwrap does not sort the polygons for you. You have to do that yourself but it can be done.

I dont have 30 notes to pay for the full version...

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2003 22:57
What do you mean 'sort it out'...I am sure there are no UVmapper that will place them accordingly to what the user wants...It has to know the wanted layout,you can't just put all the groups's points at an extent and spearated and get a good result without rewelding some pieces together and sharing some parts of the bitmap by overlapping some of them points...

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 18:34:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 18:34:27