Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Science Project (the first question used for homework)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well this is how it is. In my science project of the atom i have to move the electron around the nuclus in a circular path. how do i do this without 540 lines of code.
and also how do u make a save file in a game?
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2005 01:28 Edited at: 29th Sep 2005 01:52
540 lines of code? Just create your atom object, then create a limb onto that atom object using the mesh of your electron object, and then rotate the atom by x amount of degrees each loop.

-OR-

Sorry been a while since ive been programming, you could use the newx and newz value commands to get the next position for the electron and position it there.

Similar thread about this a few posts down btw.

Avalanche_ Akshay
Years of Service
User Offline
???
i am still pretty new to this type of software the only way which i can think of doing this would be manually move the electron around the nuclus.
i need somebody to give me a code snippet.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2005 03:08
try this

Deadly Night Assassins
Avalanche_ Akshay
Years of Service
User Offline
i have no idea what u are saying but i shall go with it...thanks!
Me!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2005 10:46 Edited at: 29th Sep 2005 10:46
blimey, if theres a hard way and an easy way , that looks like too much work for me, try this easier approach, position your electron inside the nucleus, turn it left 1 degree, then move it out to the orbit radius, rinse and repeat, eg:-

make object sphere 1,2
make object sphere 2,1
position object 1,0,0,0
move camera -10
do
position object 2,0,0,0
turn object left 2,1
move object 2,5
loop

we know where area 51 is, but where are areas 1 to 50?, and what do they do there?.
Silent Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 02:50
tsk tsk using something you found on the internet to make a program to impress your teacher.... my my.
Quote: "
and also how do u make a save file in a game?
"

by this i think you mean something you click on and it loads up.
when in the compiler (or the programming software if you dont know about compilers) simply press F5. Or you can go up and click build .exe. If i were doing this, i would maybe color the spheres as well.

but i also have 2 questions
1-What element atom are you using? (like hydrogen, helium, zirconium, iron, etc) because as you may know, most elements have different numbers of electrons orbiting them, as well as electron paths.

2-Does your science teacher want the nucleous as a nucleous or does she want the model to have every individual proton and neutron put together (which can be more than 200 each)

Version--DB Classic
900 mhz AMD Athlon, 128 MB RAM,
16 MB NVidia Vanta gfx card, Windows ME System software
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 03:23
Quote: "tsk tsk using something you found on the internet to make a program to impress your teacher.... my my."

That's what I was thinking too. When I was a kid I impressed the teacher with my own code... not the code of others!

(I made my own version of Alfredo from Big Blue for a final project)
Avalanche_ Akshay
Years of Service
User Offline
scencerely i am finding all of these codes way to compelcated. i think i willdo it my way with trial and error. u guys help but i am still a noob. Even though i have made a horrible 5 seconds 2d shooting video game. i am still unexperianced in the 3d area. i just need some help. secondly i most likely wont be copying your code. i was thinking of using the newxyz value comand and changing the value depending on were it goes...dont know if it will work. if this wont then i will have to copy one of your code. this is how it is so far.

you could play this on your comp (and comment on how bad it is) since it has no media. my first animation is the electron cloud model.
Silent Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 21:05
but what element atom are you using?

Version--DB Classic
900 mhz AMD Athlon, 128 MB RAM,
16 MB NVidia Vanta gfx card, Windows ME System software
Louiz ofRohr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 22:47 Edited at: 1st Oct 2005 23:08

hehe.. bad code.. but this is funny

.edit.
wrong sizes and distances.. electrons should be much more far away from nucleus..
.edit.

This is a more realistic size:

Note that I resized the electrons to 100 so you can see them..

It is still far from realistic..

The worst foe lies within the self..

>WorstGame<
Avalanche_ Akshay
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks everyone i really mean it. I looked at some of your codes and understood a bit better. plus my science project looks really good now. thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 07:33:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 07:33:48