Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Loading Models to DBPro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How would I load an object into my game in DarkBASIC Pro. I tried to load object but it says the file does not exist; Runtime Error 105.

`add a gun to character
LOAD OBJECT "thompson.x",9
DO
POSITION CAMERA OBJECT POSITION X(1), OBJECT POSITION Y(1), OBJECT POSITION Z(1)
SET CAMERA TO OBJECT ORIENTATION 9
MOVE CAMERA -1
IF UPKEY()=1 then MOVE OBJECT 9, 1
LOOP
Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2005 04:14
is the object file in the same folder with the source code

NARUTO IS THE NINJA.....not really
master programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2005 08:15
I don't know if this was a mistake by copying or what, but the codeposition camera object position x(1),object position y(1), object position z(1) should actually be position camera object position x(9),object position y(9),object position z(9). Like I said, I don't know if that was just an error while posting to the forums, but, in your code, that is the only error I can see other than the .DBA file not being in the correct folder with the file.

Krimzon DestinE
Years of Service
User Offline
I didn't have the right file in the right place. I figured it out. I have another question... How would I place the gun in the token FPS place ( bottom left corner)? I'm thinking placing an object in that position and making and deleting it and making a mesh out of it and hiding it then connecting the gun to that mesh, but I have no damn idea as of how to do it.
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2005 17:40
If you have another question please make another post or you mess up the forum search (which is done by post title).

If someone answers your new question here, anyone who uses the search facility and searches for this sort of problem won't know the question has been answered here.

TDK_Man

Krimzon DestinE
Years of Service
User Offline
my bad yo, i just thought that since my next question was still about loading models that it would be cool to post it here.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 05:17:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 05:17:05