Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Team Collaberation 2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 19:44 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2005 00:50
Eedam made the first post in general section and got locked, he kinda wasn't very good with it, but he is new to the form, and in the other forum he visits, we could easily get away with it.

But, I will make this clearer.

Eedam is looking for a team, so far in total there are three members, me, himself, and some guy off of another forum. But works of this team so far have been Ronin, well, the only work shown is done by me, but this is a current team project now.

But so far Eedam has a coder and 3D modellers, and well, to abide by team request rules, I will show work of this team, which will be the Ronin thread.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=58571&b=8

Open positions are.

1 Animator
Concept artists

closed positions
3D modelling
2xCoder
Music
HUDs/Menu maker
First working Project will be Ronin, I am a very busy dude which is why I accepted the team offer.

So anyone interested?

[edit] as Eedam is newb slapped as being a new guy, I was asked to post to link his forum, this will be where some team collaboration will be held.

http://eedam.proboards46.com/index.cgi

Current team:

Adam Biles (eedam) - animating and modelling,
Bryn Price (seppuku) - modelling and programming,
Chris sampson (sampson) - modeller,
Rachel Davies (Ray) - help with the story.
Sett- Coder
Cian Rice (Animeblood) - 2D dude
known members of current Ronin project, Me and eedam

The name is back dudes!
http://seppukuarts.afraid.org
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 20:25
Not you too!

I'll miss ya buddy. Was good to have you round on the forums, with your wisdom and martial arts prowess and all.

The future is here, and I can't afford it.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 20:33 Edited at: 30th Sep 2005 22:48
Eh? I'm still staying dude, I'm just busy, and a friend was looking for projects and a team, and got his thread locked on General section, so I offered to repost for him and to combine his efforts with Ronin and let him have his ideas into, I know I'm selling out to team requesting, but Ronin is still all and well, I can't help it if Alevel work is getting in my way, lucky for Eedam he's at a 3DS max school, so if he gets homework its part of his hobby

edit;

Wisdom? Me?

The name is back dudes!
WarGoat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 23:53
I can help as a coder. But I will maybe gonna be a little slow because i'm gonna learn c++.

Windows XP,pentium IIII, 1,9 MGZ, 256 mb memory, 128 mb video card ATI Radeon 9200 se s80 'sett squadron back on the assault'
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 00:23
sweet, I'm a little slow at the moment too, um, for ronin, as I have put a lot of effort into getting my engine right and understandable but only having the effect of little, I will want to use that in my main coding, so, what I thought would be an idea if Eedam is requesting coders, and we're taking on my project, maybe I could get you to code part of it, before I plan to get started on the main stage of the project, I will need a battle and inventory code, so....

What I have planned today as I am strapped for time myself, maybe the 'second coder' could work on the foundation or the whole (whatever they want to do) battle engine, as I planned how I was gonna do it.

My initial thought of the B-engine was;

A weird status system (I already coded the statuses)
which works like maths, if
Akai attack = 60
Kuroi defense = 20
then Akai attacks
60-20 = 40
Hit= 40, but kinda flaws, so the battle scene can effect the 'status' depending on characters/enemies in play.

but thats all I coded, I will give full details on the engine by email sometime over the weekend, but I have tonne of homework to get on with (I can't not do it, I'd just get kick outta sixth form ) but will hopefully find time to send it...

of course I will work on the inventory and menu code, then meaning once we've both finished, you can send me the battle code, I will adjust little thing for it to fit into the engine, then I will pack the source codes into one document and send it to ya and tell you what story part to do and will try to keep you with as much model/texture/music data as I can, and then we can work on seperate parts and keep the engine code in mind.

Anything in there you are a bit iffy on, say so, and I can adjust it to work for you, as we both don't have time to do much, we will kinda run at the same pace so it really won't matter if you are learning C++

Also, one important thing;

Eedam, wants the team members to use his forum for collaberative stuff, he is the head of the team, I'm just in charge of Ronin, so he would want you to sign up, tell me or him who you are and he'll give you team access, the link is in my first post.

Also, THE MOST IMPORTANT THING I WILL MENTION:
Thanks for joining and offering to help us dude,

The name is back dudes!
WarGoat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 03:38 Edited at: 1st Oct 2005 03:52
ok i'm gonna surely sign up, and good luck with ur homework lol

edit

um... what do you want me to do? I can do lot of thing. And I want to do lot of thing for you're project. And can I help with the story? I'm not bad with that sort of thing.

/edit.

Windows XP,pentium IIII, 1,9 MGZ, 256 mb memory, 128 mb video card ATI Radeon 9200 se s80 'sett squadron back on the assault'
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 10:50
@Sett, sorry for giving you a big bit, I thought myself as an idiot last night after turning me PC off, I mean, how can I do the inventory when it effects the battle engine.

So I'll start you off with something small instead of a battle engine, I'll let you do the small things on my to do list.

Once I've coded inventories and the battle engine structure and leveling up, I'll give you a list of varibles to create a loading a saving engine, I'll give details closer to the date.

I don't see why you cab't help with the story, I mean I can't be selfish and apply my ideas only.

As for the forum, I'm afraid Eedam is a little untrustworthy with the team sections, so he won't let you in until he's sure you're serious, I agree with him, because in my other team (strawberry Crush Team, the makers of rush) we had a 'bad' member in the team section.

No worries I trust you, but is a fair thing, shouldn't effect you really, all you'll need to do is code the first thing I give you, and I'll think he'll give you the password for Team Section

Quote: "good luck with ur homework"

I'll need it, I've already done the English Language homework, where I have to take a fairy tale and rip it apart and turn it into a horror fair tale, I did goldylocks and the 3 bears who gets mauled by the bears.

The name is back dudes!
WarGoat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 21:28 Edited at: 1st Oct 2005 21:35
ok then. I've just received the activation key for your forum.

edit

does the talkable variable is, when you go to an npc, you talk with him? just wanted to know that. And what is FMV support?

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2005 14:32
I'll try to explain the 'talkable variable' by using an example.

Player talk to NPC, NPC tells player to go get water, player gets water, gives water to NPC, NPC says something else, the water changes the variable therefore the NPC changes what he/she/it says.

the FMV support is pretty simple, it plays stops and hides movies/

I'll send you my source code when I can, probaly tuesday, because I got homework still and I got a staff party later.

The name is back dudes!
WarGoat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2005 14:52
ho! ok. its that simple? i've already done that before. so i'm gonna do it + changeable party. after, i'm gonna see. so i'm gonna work on it as soon that I have the comp for me. As I said before, I'm learning c++, so it will maybe help for the game and it will slow me a little but don't worry: the work that have to be done, will be done asap.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2005 15:14
kewl thanks, thats pretty good for until I send you the source code, and yes thats simple very simple I'd say, maybe when I send you the source code, maybe you could add it

don't worry about the slowness because of C++, I don't mind at all, you will find I'll do the same but with Cinema 4D and 3D modelling.

The name is back dudes!
WarGoat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2005 16:55
lol ok then. I've already saw your work in 3D and that great.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2005 17:10
thanks

The name is back dudes!
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2005 17:13
So...who exactly are oyu guys looking for? Programmers?

The future is here, and I can't afford it.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2005 17:52
yeah and concept artists and possibly 2D stuff (I am reserving that place for animeblood as I think he might be interested) , I think two coders is okay with the engine and will only need the engine code to work on the rest, which should be east per two people, but if anyone else wants to code, I'll let them, I just will prolly give them the battle engine to work on or expect them to wait until a good amount of engine code it done.

The name is back dudes!
WarGoat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2005 18:41 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2005 19:26
yeah AnimBlood is great for 2D stuff. I'm almost finish for the changeable party.

edit
finish! when player press tab, the box change of color. red is for player 1, green is for player 2 and blue is for player 3. there a time to wait because if you had the finger pressing all time the tab button, the character will always change. aniway, gonna work on talking varible, with this code, so you will have the two in one.

edit2:
the talkable engine is finish. I could add the stats, but for now, little pause: all that emotion give me the felling that i'm hungry.

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm definatly gonna do the 2D stuff and why dont I add this to the Koetsu Aboshi Projects as well? That way you can also have Pundil help test the game (he loves rpgs so he'll be able to pin point whats good and bad) Me for 2D stuff, and The Lone Drow for quests, etc. And I'll add it to the Koetsu ABoshi Boards and site? And then give all members of this team permission to a Ronin team board if you want.

WarGoat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2005 23:01 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2005 23:01
as you said the game is turn based, does that mean that for battle engine you need to choos your attack? because I can do that. And, AnimBlood, that great that you could come.

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Sett, have you played Final Fantasy X? If so thats an example of a turn based battle system.

WarGoat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 00:19 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2005 00:22
no I don't thing so but, I've played final fantasy VII, VIII, IX and XI. and a little of tactics and i've played crystal crhonicle too. Does all the final fantasy have the same battle engine?

edit
do not worry for the answer, its yes. I've gone on a site that do test for game and I saw screen shot of a battle with the option attack and all that stuff. Thanks for your example, tough.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 00:49
Quote: " as you said the game is turn based, does that mean that for battle engine you need to choos your attack?"

Quote: "final fantasy VII,"

Well a FFVII like battle engine would be great, I was gonna do my own take on it, but I don't understand how Squaresoft worked it, which was the reason on my take, if you were to do the battle engine like that, I would love you in a metaphorical sense.

Anime thanks, welcome to the team, I'll tell Eedam to add you to the team on his forums, but you will need to sign up. And well, I think you got an idea on what to do, if you check the Ronin thread, you can see my new inventory system, and the title screen on the first page, maybe if you could do improve buttons/backgrounds for them, I'll use the current ones for coding, so don't worry about time, but I hope to release another beta soon to mainly test for fonts and new media, coding and me own music non of the stolen crap

Quote: "edit
finish! when player press tab, the box change of color. red is for player 1, green is for player 2 and blue is for player 3. there a time to wait because if you had the finger pressing all time the tab button, the character will always change. aniway, gonna work on talking varible, with this code, so you will have the two in one.

edit2:
the talkable engine is finish. I could add the stats, but for now, little pause: all that emotion give me the felling that i'm hungry. "

Thats great dude, thanks.

I shouldda thought of gathering a team sooner, seeing as how much faster this feels it'll be.

Oh and a question to you Sett and Animeblood, as this team request idea was Eedam's idea, and he was hoping for a team for his projects, but thought we could work on mine first, so what I wanna know will you two be up for Eedam's project, its early for asking but, I'll ask him for details if you are thinking 'maybe/depends'

Regards,
Teh Sucidal dude

The name is back dudes!
WarGoat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 01:02
its the two answer because I have no details, but if it look good, I might be up. I've almost finish the stats and lvl up, just need to add the add stats function like in diablo, you add to what stats you want a points. I've started a battle engine like in FFVII following your math based status system, like dmg - def = final dmg. I will try to include it a bar of timer for attacking, attacking and little movement for the character. If you could send me your code and give detail for some quest, party, battle etc, I can try adding it to your code. This game gonna rule!

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 01:12
cool thanks, I'll get details off of Eedam about his project, but for some reason MSN is saying he's offline whens he's online, and the same for him, which is weird.

I will send you the code, it needs tidying up, I'll see what time I got before Karate tomorrow to tidy it up and put it into one file, if not if none of my teachers decide to be evil, I should be able to get it to you for tuesday .

Just as question, are you leaving space for Magic skills and summoning, but I think it maybe best to leave summoning for me, as I will know how I want the demons to move, I'll probaly make the whole summoning sequence in Cinema 4D to save time and effort , I'm sure thats what they all do right

Quote: "This game gonna rule!"

Hope so, with animebloods 2D, I don't know your programming skills, but from the pace of what you're doing it seems great, with my ideas and modelling and music, GMANs collision code and Eedams models, it should do, if it doesn't we call all run into a wall head first

The name is back dudes!
WarGoat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 01:22
Yea for sure I'm leaving a place for magic for Himika Kiyamoto, the apprentice. I'm gonna try to implant a magic attack.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 01:34
kewl,thanks, and I'll learn what you did so I can put in my summoning when it comes to that point

The name is back dudes!
WarGoat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 01:48
ok. but for the code. could you please not send it as an attached file? because I had lot of problem with virus (couldn't say that they are my friend.) Could you please paste it and copy it in a message?

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 01:57
yeah sure, what do you want to do about media?

The name is back dudes!
WarGoat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 02:03 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2005 02:03
ah... media. I will do it by replace it by my own. I think I may have some of the texture you had in your lastest rpg engine.

edit
Umm... Thanks. (forgot to say that)

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 18:34 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2005 20:52
Quote: " ah... media. I will do it by replace it by my own. I think I may have some of the texture you had in your lastest rpg engine."

kewl, I guess thats the best way to keep your system safe, the texture is a DBP one so I'm sure you got it .

Quote: "edit
Umm... Thanks. (forgot to say that)"

Yey politeness not much of that these days, or at least where I live

[edit]

Sett I sent you the source code

also, I prefer to work in functions, so if you were to make all of these as functions that will be great, I noticed a problem with the email sent, the lines were moved, so I will, post it here,

If people wanna use what I coded for anything I don't mind, but try not to use the engine and take it as your own credit, its too dishonest, as you noticed I've given credit to people I've taken coding from

The name is back dudes!
WarGoat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 23:30 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2005 23:31
ok thanks you. I'm gonna work on it and implant my work as function. For the changeable party, I will use Akai, Himika and Michiko. After, I'm gonna sent it back to you.

edit
does this need dbp 5.8? because I don't have it and can't have it because I've bought dbp with the online ver.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 01:35
its does for it to work properly, but its only the collision code that needs 5.8, and it should barely effect it, so in theory it should work, but will have a flaw

The name is back dudes!
WarGoat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 01:55
mmh finnally its ok for me. When I will sent back to you the new code (keep a version of the ancient) feel free (and do) to change some thing to be more organized for you. I'm doing the battle engine now. And one more thing, when I talk to npc, the information for the char is not displaying.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 18:24
I'll look into that bug, thanks, and thanks for the code, I will hopefully check that out this weekend, too much homework tonite, Karate tomorrow, thursday break or homework, Friday, Karate, so I can't do code till the weekend,

The name is back dudes!
WarGoat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 23:39
thats ok! gonna do my best. I will have the demo of truespace 5 soon, so if im not too bad (that would be a miracle ) maybe I could be as an moddeller on the team.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2005 00:01
I used to use TrueSpace 5, personally I'd say try to find back issues of PC magazines, because you maay find one with Cinema 4D 6 on it, which I'd say is much better, modelling takes a lil while to accomplish, and the trueSpace tutorials cost too much, cries, but I'll see how you do with that and might give you a modelling position of things around your strengths

The name is back dudes!
WarGoat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2005 00:27 Edited at: 5th Oct 2005 02:05
nice thanks you. but for now, im must concentrate on the battle engine, you can win but moves for attack are not working, wining text are not working too, but you can lvl up.

edit

fixed the bug that didn't show the stats of the player when talking or fighting. I don't know why I didn't tough of it before.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2005 18:10
kewl, if you lived near me, and new me personally I'd give you my version of TrueSpace 5.2, because I never use it, but life is evil.

well glad all is running smoothly, unlike my job hunting .

Todays's lesson in Philosophy was getting me thinking about adding platoism into a game, but wouldn't work in Ronin, the greeks didn't invade Japan lol, maybe I could add Buddhist and Japanese philosophy to the ideas as that would have been what it was based on back then, the idea of Anima(not Anime ) could relate to reincarnation......

The name is back dudes!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 08:29:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 08:29:55