Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Help with MilkShape

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 07:02
I'm in a real shit hole here. I am doing a course and we are using DBPro for our game. We have an animation that has taken ages to make of an elephant walking (Made in 3DS Max 5) and need to put it in DBPro. But i'm having a little dificulty.

Firstly, if i am to use the converter that comes with Dark Basic i need to export as a .3ds file, which poses a problem cos .3ds doesn't support for animation.

Then i found MilkShape 1.6.5. And apparently it has support for exporting .x files directly WITH ANIMATION.

But my problem is this: How do i get my wonderful animation (that i can't be bothered doing the animation of again) into MilkShape from 3DS Max? cos everything that Max exports MilkShape can't import!

I'm really pissed off

Please Help

Email me here : reece_sheppard@hotmail.com
"But we couldn't do that Mr Flibble," questioned Rimmer. "Who'd clean up the mess?"
--Twin P4 Xeon, GeForce Quadro 4 128MB, 1Gb DDR RAM--
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 08:40
get the latest Half-Life exporter for Max4 and use that

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Toilet Freak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 02:17
Half-life exporter?

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 05:26
Yea export in in a half life model form using the plugin then use milkshape to import it.

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 21:46:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 21:46:56