Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2005 20:52 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2005 00:22
hi.. im trying to learn how to model and get them into FPSC...

i have a model that shows up ok in the editor, ie all textured ok, but when i test the game, the model is not textured at all.

ive checked the .fpe file, its pointing to the texture file.

its a 24bit 512 tga file. ive used max7 to export the model and render a uv map.

is there something im doing wrong.. any help would be appreciated.

edit: tried several things, the texture made with 3dsmax is all screwed up now, no matter what i try, even following a tutorial, sometimes its complete but in the wrong place or it doesnt create all the texture..

not sure what is happening.. would appreciate some help with texturing .x models.. works fine if i create a .tga file, but how do i get multiple textures like windows, doors etc.. on the same model..

thanks

maxd
FernandoK
Years of Service
User Offline
Try a dds file format. The FPSC creators have been rather sloppy with their texture formats. The fpe file points to a tga textureb but what it really wants is a dds.
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 04:19
Tga maps work fine for me. I'm pretty sure they're converted to dds by FPSC which is why the directories are full of dds maps (I assume the tga ones were deleted afterwards).

You might know this already, but make sure you delete the bin file that's created by FPSC when you make changes to the model (you'll see it in the same directory as your x file).

I suspect you might have a problem with your UV coordinates, but it could be all sorts of things. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

I use blender and don't have these issues.

You can't have multiple textures on the same model unfortunately.
maxd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 10:18 Edited at: 4th Oct 2005 10:19
im thinking it because i have used multi/sub latyered texture..

if i create a tga file in photoshop its ok.. but i was mapping with different material ids.

tho it created a normal texture map with render to texture, it was not placed correctly on hte model in fpsc, or it seemed that the texture was too small and had lots of black space around it ,

ihave deleted the .bin and .dbo diles as well when changing things...

could be mapping coordinates as well... how do i correct for this...

thanks
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 13:05
Using different material id's could be the reason.

It depends on how you UV map your model.

Generally the Unwrap modifier is what you want to use. It all depends on what version of max you have.

Here's a couple of tutes I found that could be helpful.

http://waylon-art.com/uvw_tutorial/uvwtut_01.html

http://www.planetdungeonsiege.com/dungeoneers/modeling/uvwmapping/

Getting models into fpsc is confusing many people at the moment, so don't give up. It might take a while to establish the ground rules and such.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 02:12:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 02:12:33