Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / lightning problem, too much light !!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Im making a top view 3d arcade style kinda game...

I want colorfull effects in the game. fe the mousepointer and the player are followed by a light.
But the lights have almost no effect. I tried playing around with the ambient settings but that didnt change much.
I want it to be dark where there is no light. But even with ambient=0 everything is still litt.

So, how can i make the 3d space completely dark where there are no lights ?

the lightning code are at lines 37-53 and 647-663

for realy viewable colorrays Ill have to use ghost objects, but thats not realy what I want (yet). I just want colors like 'discospots'. Colored planes on the floor arent good enough cause then the enemies top and sides wont be coloured

the code requires no media

other comments on code are welcome too...

ps : hiding objects which arent whithin a defined radius is not an option, cause the lighting settings need to be easily dynamicly changable.
(and im not english...)
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 06:02 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2005 06:05
You really should state what version of DB you use - like the stickies clearly state - especially when posting such a large snippet of code as it's difficult to spot DBP-only commands until you try to run it in DBC.

Remember, there are a lot of good DBC-only programmers who could probably help you but you will only annoy them if they go through the hassle of trying to run your code in DBC and it doesn't run.

Personally, I have both DBC and DBP, but use DBC mainly and lots of minor little things have changed in Pro. Anything I suggest may therefore not work in Pro, but I would suggest setting the Ambient light level at around 30 and check out the Set Matrix command - especially the Light and Ambient flags.

[Edit] I forgot to mention - the 'main' always on light in DBC is Light 0 (zero). Try setting it to red and see if the light in your scene turns red. If it does, at least you know where the light is coming from.

TDK_Man

Tito
Years of Service
User Offline
sorryyy

using dbp

I did read the stickies, but I thought I was posting in the dbp forum instead of newcomers
gladly i did post in the newcomers section so my noobishnes might be forgiven...

since im a new user, my post need to get 'approved' before they get shown on the forum. it seems they dont actually read the post then
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 17:03
NP!

Check out the Light 0 thing, then let us know how you got on...

TDK_Man

Tito
Years of Service
User Offline
thx !! that was it, the default light 0 thing

any other comments on code are still welcome...
blanky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 22:56
It's got lots of letters in it.

Part of the 'Emergency Response Noob Shooting Team' :: Feel free to add me to MSN, but don't expect any big favours.
I AM _NOT_ A MOD, I AM ONLY HUMAN (although I fly in my spare time).
Tito
Years of Service
User Offline
letters ?
Antidote
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 01:07
Quote: " It's got lots of letters in it."

Please do not post irrelevant threads like this. I am sure you meant the code was long?

I R tEh Antid0te! ROOOAAAR!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 05:27:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 05:27:20