Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Helpers Needed for the Legend of Lantis Project

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 02:47
About Us
For those of you who dont know, Legend of Lantis a 3D RPG that has been in production for a few months. After brainstorming and rewriting game maps, we decided to ask for help to speed up game progress. However now we are on the verge of releasing a basic level demo, to show a small taste of the final game. Our team consists of a few people who devote a lot of their time to the Project however, life such as school/job comes first.

What We Need
We will need several people who can help us. For now, we need a 3d modeler to make monsters and humans. They could be animated for a final touch. We will also need a few programmers to help evenly distribute the work, and program some cities and monsters as well as npcs. If you think you can help us email is at the bottom.

Our Work
We have set up a website which should be posted up soon, and have a forum for work being complete. That is how the team will communicate and help throughout the entirety of the game project. There will be where we display team information and game progress that has been made.

Test Storyline

Throughout the middle ages of early years of life, evil has been rightfully kept out of the Kingdom of Rutania. All is well as no trouble seek the peaceful land. The king, beholds a magical medallion, which evil cannot stand. One powerful enough, can only hold onto the power of the medallion.

Suddenly, on a dark and stormy night, an assassin, sent down by and evil ruler, sneaks up onto the king's majestic palace. At 12 midnite, the king is eliminated and evil pours down onto the kingdom.

You, a warrior of light, must fight off the evil and make it to the evil rulers palace, and once again restore order back into the Kingdom of Rutania. You must find friends, destroy evil, and return the medallion before all is lost...

Storyline by David G.

Game Engine Information

The game can be run in the formats: 480 by 640, 800 by 600, and 1024 by 768. The menus are complete as well as a definite main character model will be need designed. It must be animated with some commands ingame.

If you have any questions about the engine, I'll do my best to answer them, however some details must be kept secret and to team only. If you have any questions for the engine please email me about that.

Contact Information
Replace the [AT] with a @ and a [DOT] with a .

dagjr3[AT]netzero[DOT]com

Thank you for looking, as we hope you are interested.

David or David G.
and the rest of the dev. team.
*Note : Later in development, we will be posting up screenshots of game. Sorry about the inconvieneince that this has caused.

Current Project : Legend of Lantis
BF game programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 06:33
sounds nice. but
Quote: "midnite"
is sopose to be spelled midnight.

james bond rules and star wars
Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 14:42
Quote: "*Note : Later in development, we will be posting up screenshots of game. Sorry about the inconvieneince that this has caused"

[cat]! how about some [cat] screenshots now, you [cat] [cat] of [cat] [cat] [really-cat]!

Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 16:56 Edited at: 6th Oct 2005 16:56
Although i don't really care if you wait to put up screenshots (it seems well put together)

i'm afraid there are quite a few people who will mind (especially since you are asking for team members)

so quick post a demo or any screen shot before all hope is lost!

"We make the worst games in the universe."

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 20:33
Screens first, talk later.

The future is here, and I can't afford it.
soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 22:43
I wouldn't mind lending a hand (about to have 3 weeks with LOTS of free time).

The only thing I'm concerned about is the size of your team. I've been in a few teams before, the first ever was just me and another coder and that was great fun because we were both included in any decisions and both had a lot of input in the games. Others have just been to big. No-one can keep them organised and it takes so long sorting out who's doing what that nothing gets made.

So, in short, how many people are currently in the team?

p.s. I'd be interested in coding and use DBP but also have no problem with research and other odds and ends.

p.p.s I can be e-maild at soapyfish@gmail.com (msn name is the same).

Thanks.

*tries to think of witty and original signature*
*fails*
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 23:10
Sounds nice, sounds serious, but rules apply to all really, the rules say that you will need proof of progress, otherwise it is a thread braking the rules, and well a lot of people hate that.

Welcome to the forums though dude and

a tip is

READ THE STICKIES, like soapyfishes sticky will tell you what these threads should contain to stay unlocked and unflamed.

I would love to help, too much on my shoulders, with the Karate Championship next friday and the heats are on monday, me A-level work and me own project

The name is back dudes!
http://seppukuarts.afraid.org
Specters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 23:18
Okay here are some more is some more info
Software : Dark Basic Classic Enhanced and all Macromedia Programs.
Team Size Currently : 2 People, we want the team small for about 4 people, I don't want a large 30 man team. It would be too unorganized.
Screenshots : We are just using psionic 3ds' rpg models and dwarf models. For the pictures go here.
http://www.psionic3d.co.uk/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Free%20Stuff/3D%20Models

Also, for a few buildings we are using the Dark Basic Dev pack. We would show our own models but there is one problem. We don't have a modeler on our team yet who is good. More information will be posted later.

Specters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 23:30
I almost forgot. I will be starting a stealth-like game shortly after I release a demo probably for my current game. If anyone might be interested (even though you know squat about it) and have any helpful code snippets, don't hesitate to share. . Since it isn't ready for a W.I.P post, I will just tell some specs here.
I have an A.I code for the enemy, with some modifications from Lucas' Code. So currently the enemy can hear you, see you, attack you, and just plain idle around in the corridors. It will be pretty much pure stealth. Shawdows, alarms, all that great stuff. So if you have any ideas from that small bit. Thanks. I'll get some more work done for both my games shortly. Thanks in advance to all.

Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 23:42
I am practicing on some rpg type organic models and will be making them free to teams that want to use them...

FYI -progress will be slow as this is really more to hone my skills...

I will be sure to check back here later and send any models your way if project is still alive...

good luck
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
If your not ready to post screenshots then your not ready for a work in progress thread sorry but its the rules.

The admiral
Specters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2005 18:04
I would post screenshots, there's just one problem:
My models suck and that would scare everyone away. THAT'S WHY I NEED A MODELER. Sorry, but read first.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2005 18:15
Forget the quality of your models David, nobody here cares whether your main character looks like Solid Snake or a box of chisels right now - they just want to know that any models they make for you would be appreciated and used, offering your artists a blank canvas (so to speak) can actually help, let them worry about the looks, you'll have enought to worry about.

You aren't claiming to be an artist type, your a project leader and coder - we know that, and honestly you'd do better by posting up what work you have done, give the available modellers around here something to chew over and you will find more offers of help will come your way.

Van-B

Put those fiery biscuits away!
Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2005 19:24
What he said. So post screens or [cat] off!

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2005 19:37 Edited at: 7th Oct 2005 19:39
hehe, yeah, take a look at my signature model.. its a bone man, and im using that model in my game.. and i dont care what u guys will say about that, i still love it
and its better to me to use that model cuz i can make good animations into it..

BlueLight Online, improved version of MorningOnline
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah your asking for modellers to overcome the problem about your graphis so dont say you cant post because they look crap. Your job is to show progress and that means screenshots.

The admiral
Specters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2005 01:39
Okay, thanks Van, Let me hook up my other CPU and post some pics in a bit. I'm using someone else's cpu to view the forums. Now I see your point Van, I just thought they'd by scared away. Later

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2005 04:28 Edited at: 8th Oct 2005 04:28
must be hastle installing a new cpu everytime you want to do a different task

Specters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2005 04:32
Heck yeah it is, trust me on this one, the Cpu I use for gae, doesn't got a modem, so I have to keep transfering. I will upload files later, way to busy now. Or I'm doing this why working.

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2005 04:33
you have a cpu that comes with a modem crickey

Specters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2005 18:00
Everyone, I gotta hold off on this project. My Cpu just totally screwed up and I can't post any pics anytime soon, I'm atleast trying to recover some of the code. . Don't worry bout locking this thread, I'll use it when everything gets back in working order. Sorry bout the delay.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2005 18:38
Install your other CPU then.

Tempest - P2P UDP Multiplayer Plugin - 80% - 10%
Want to try the beta? E-mail me.
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2005 20:49
maybe hes using his modem to post on the forums

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
@David G: when the mods will notice, the post will b locked then.. so post some screenshots faster before the post is getting lockd

BlueLight Online, improved version of MorningOnline
Specters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2005 07:40 Edited at: 9th Oct 2005 07:41
@GogetaX
Sorry but read my other post, I can't my other CPU with the game project is messed up. I would move the project to this computer but I only have one License and other have public license to this one.Either why my other Cpu needs to work to post up screenshots. Sorry.

EDIT: I'm changing my name to Drew G.
Don't ask. So fyi.

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2005 15:21
you can install dbp on multiple computers easily enough,

if your going to bs about your game you may aswell think up excuses that make sence

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2005 18:03
Quote: "Sorry but read my other post, I can't my other CPU with the game project is messed up."

Heard that one a lot....I even used that sort of thing at school, 'Miss my printer broke, couldn't print off me homework'

Instead of making excuses, just do what you can to make this thread valid, although you should have but enough screenies in the first place, but you didn't, so no matter what you say doesn't make a difference,, so just do what you can to provide us with screenshots

The name is back dudes!
soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2005 20:42
Um, Drew G has told you all....

Quote: "I gotta hold off on this project"

So why don't you just leave this thread alone. I couldn't care less whether or not Drew G is telling the truth but if they want to leave the project then why don't you just let it be instead of trying to prove them wrong.

*tries to think of witty and original signature*
*fails*
Specters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 00:24
Really, my other CPU did mess up. But when it did, I thought I could use it as a hold off on this project. I'm busy with another that couldn't wait and this one could. So you can say I was strething the truth. Anyway, I gotta finish up homework right now, then work on my other project. Later.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 00:31
just thought he was having technical difficulties

But my point is, it doesn't matter if his excuse is valid, just do what you can to make the thread itself valid is all I was saying, as from what I see excuses just annoy people and make them say 'yeah right' so as soapy said leave it at that, wait for your technical difficulties pass

The name is back dudes!
Alkaline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 05:09
what are you think a cpu is , because you could always take that harddrive and put it in your present computer.

768 DDR pc3200||ATI 9600xt 256mb||330 GB hard drive||Amd XP 3000+
InDex v2.0[url]http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=58885&b=8 [/url]
Specters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 05:33
Alkaline, I am using a public Computer for internet. My other CPU holds the code and all the game crap. Please just understand that little bit. I cannot take out harddrives and move them to the public computer, I might get in trouble. Oh BTW, like 2 minutes ago, I intalled 512 Mb of ram into my coding cpu. Now it has a gig of ram. YAY.

Alkaline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 06:20
err you do mean cpu means, central processing unit right. thats that little 3 inch by 3 inch chip. not the whole case. i rember back in school they use to teach us the the cpu was the whole computer...bastards.

768 DDR pc3200||ATI 9600xt 256mb||330 GB hard drive||Amd XP 3000+
InDex v2.0[url]http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=58885&b=8 [/url]
Specters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 02:20
Lol they did teach us the CPU was the whole crap. I mean the computer itself, not the central processing unit. Man, I've been scammed all these years from my education.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 08:34:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 08:34:11