Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How do I make a working .EXE in DBPro?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I made my first little game, its a 2d shooter. It uses 4 bitmaps and I made my own Icon for it. Can someone give me instructions how to make this into a working .EXE in DBPro? Closest I got was game starting but no bitmaps and the default icon, help?
Kanzure
Years of Service
User Offline
There should be a tab panel near the bottom right hand corner. Click Settings. There are a few options to choose, and that should be self explanitory.

~Morph
Owner of MultiCode.NET.
I know HTML, PHP, Perl, JavaScript, VBScript, Visual Basic, C/C++, QBasic, YaBasic, and now Dark Basic/Pro...
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 06:31
if the code works, just do make final.
Stone
Years of Service
User Offline
Quoth, I believe Make Final is in standard Dark Basic not Pro, so I can't do that. I have gone to settings and maybe I'm a little slow but it isn't self explanitory to me. I added my media of bitmaps and my icon. Now what in the settings tab do I select to make my .exe or can some one give me an explaination of the choices in the settings tab seeing I can find no documentation to explain it to me, thanks.

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 02:13
F5 is the same thing as "make final" in DBPro.

Everytime you even test your game Pro is actually creating an EXE file and running it. F5 will just build a final one for you based on the settings in the "settings" part of the editor.

Try pressing F5 and then looking in your Project folder for an EXE file!

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
Kanzure
Years of Service
User Offline
You can't compile, its all a conspiracy!! Run! GO buy Blitz Basic!

Kidding. Do not buy Blitz Basic (^_^).

~Morph
Owner of MultiCode.NET and Multi2k.NET.
Nothing is something, and something is then nothing. Life is an illusion.
Stone
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I understand making an .EXE now but why is it when I make one it uses the default darkbasic icon instead of the custom icon I attached?

battleman100
Years of Service
User Offline
I am having the same problem What operating system are you using? When right-clicking and going to 'properties' on the .EXE file, do you get a string of random numbers in the 'version' information tab?

Stone
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm using Windows ME and I see the random numbers too. Is this a bug maybe?

battleman100
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm running Windows 98, but I'm guessing that yes it is a bug - no matter how hard I try I am unable to get an EXE that takes any notice of my Project Manager settings and all projects throw those nasty numbers at me on the 'properties' tab!

I think it must be a conspiracy, cause I can't find a technical support email address for 'DarkBASIC Pro' anywhere *spooky*

Can we have some help pleeeeze

QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2003 22:09
there's an outside program that will change the icon after you compile, not endorsed by DB. if I could search the forums I could find it. Name anyone?

Darken the skies, we are God.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 23:01:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 23:01:11