Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How can I show a players equipment?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2005 00:32
In most games invlving weapons, (Future, Medievil, doesnt really matter) you can see a player's equipment they're currently wearing. How is that even possible? A good example would be Fable. I'm not trying to make a FPS, just a game that invloves these things. I'm not going to have to make a huge load of individual models, will I?
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 9th Oct 2005 04:50
To do what you want yes. Even for 2D games like Ultima Online there are many, many different animations for each bit of clothing, weapons and armor. There are cheats though. You can use a primitive model and change the texture file that the model loads you will change the whole outfit in one line of code.
Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 05:28
for 3-d check out the limb commands, I have been using it to add wings to my angels, basically replacing smaller wings with larger ones as the character advances...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 05:25:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 05:25:17