Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I'm having severe errors here...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have Windows 2000, and DB is refusing to work for me...
It used to work... But then i had to re-install Win2k... I downloaded the latest DirectX, but it give me the error:
---------------------------
Error In Program
---------------------------
System Error : ERROR 165. D3D Devices do not support backbuffer bit-depth and HW Acceleration
Not just with DB, also with Star Wraith 3, which was made with DB... Can someone help me?
Kanzure
Years of Service
User Offline
It may be because of your gfx card. it saws "HW Acceleration"..so I'm betting its that, or its because Windows 2000 just pure sucks .

~Morph
Owner of MultiCode.NET.
I know HTML, PHP, Perl, JavaScript, VBScript, Visual Basic, C/C++, QBasic, YaBasic, and now Dark Basic/Pro...
orochidp
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, It's probably my vid card drivers, which i'm getting now... but everything worked before the reinstall...

Kanzure
Years of Service
User Offline
Ouchs.. Something similar happened to me, and i had to reinstall my drivers for my ethernet card. Didn't work. Be careful if your running an HP.

~Morph
Owner of MultiCode.NET.
I know HTML, PHP, Perl, JavaScript, VBScript, Visual Basic, C/C++, QBasic, YaBasic, and now Dark Basic/Pro...
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 05:07
Try setting your display mode to something more simply like 16 bit- the default is 24 which may not be supported by your card.

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 06:29
no, its your graphics card. not designed to handle those things. same thing happened on my old compaq, doesnt have the ability to do it. I doubt reinstalling will do any good, only way out is a new computer.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 17:07:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 17:07:55