Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 01:38
Hello. I searched around the forums to make sure it wasn't asked before. I know a lot of people have been asking about 3DS Max, and I'm wondering if this is the program that most people use to do models for game characters/sprites in DSPro? Because I thought that program only exports files with a .3ds or .max extention on them. So is the .x extention the same as those? I'm very confused. Also, is it possible to export models to DSPro from Poser 4 format? Thanks in advance.
Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 05:48
http://www.3dlinks.com/links.cfm?categoryid=1&subcategoryid=11

above is a link to some model converters...Converters basically take one format and convert to another, so you could build models in max and then run through a converter to get a DBP accepted format i.e. .x or one of the others...
mr_fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 05:58
uh, i don't know how to, but, ive heard of somthing called game space.

rvb Church: "hey, look, his armor its, red."
rvb Tucker: "well that'l explain how he got past our defences."
rvb Caboose : "Actuley he came through the back."
Antidote
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 22:54
gamespace is a modelling program but it costs money (about 200 dollars) unless you get the lite version but it's pointless since you have a max poly count of 50.

I R tEh Antid0te! ROOOAAAR!
Deep Thought 42
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 01:31
DBPro works best with .x format. You don't have to use 3DS Max. There are plenty of free modeling programs out there (simply look in the 3 Dimensional Chat board or at Heckno's link). Milkshape is a cheap and easy to use modeler. Blender is very user unfriendly but it also does good modeling for FREE. Tutorials and downloads availible at the Blender site.

link to object converter:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=61983&b=3

"There are no stupid questions, just a lot of inquisitive idiots."
Knuckles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 06:26
Wow! Thanks so much! This Blender program is very cool! I actually find it quite easy to use @_@ I guess I tend to understand more confusing stuff than the easier stuff LOL. Thanks everyone for the links!
Antidote
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 04:55
WOW! You understand blender. I was talking to a professional modeller who takes time in the summer to teach at a tech camp I work at as an intern. He said he hates blender and that has the worst interface ever.

I R tEh Antid0te! ROOOAAAR!
NanoBrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 11:48
Knuckles,

I have been using BLENDER myself for about 2 years now, and I really enjoy its interface. However, it can be very user unfriendly, at least when it comes to importing a .x model into DBC, one made with BLENDER. Most of the time, the engine does not except it, and will not display it.

I thought I had this problem when I took a look at BLENDER's console window after exporting a model to .x, and it gave me the message about the object's material name. It stated that since it includes a "." period within it, some viewers may not except the model. I fixed one model and it worked. However, any other models I have had dire complications with.

My latest model for a game I am creating, an airhockey table, will not show up in DarkBasic Classic. I have edited any names of materials, objects etc. that withold a period, and still no luck.

I love the interface, therefore I do not wish to give BLENDER up. If you have these same problems, but come to a solution, please let me know. Thank you.

+NanoBrain+

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 05:28:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 05:28:04