Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / hi from an RPG fan from sweden

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 20:14
i love to play pc games and have just bought fps creator.
im a very big fan of rpgs and would love to try to do my own, so wich program here is most fit for doing rpgs and if so will i have to make all models and other things myself or does the programs come with diffrent thems.
thanks from a swedish newbie
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 08:05 Edited at: 11th Oct 2005 08:06
Any game you can write with FPS Creator can be written with Dark Basic Pro (and to a lesser extent DBC). FPSC was itself written in DBPro.

But, it's much harder as DBP/DBC are programming languages that you have to learn - like learning English!

But, the advantage of DB is that you are not limited to writing an FPS - you can write any genre of game.

Finally, yes, you do have to either make your own models, or beg/borrow/download them for your games.

Oh, and welcome to the DB forums!

TDK_Man

MR Sweden
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 19:51
ok and thanks for your replay
i have look`d on many internet stores here in sweden but nobody have DB or DBP I have ask`d them if they can take tha program home but they can`t
but thank you again from sweden
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 20:23
wow, d va som tusan! nu e vi 7 swe folk här!!

i know i have norway in my location, but im swe too i live in norway with my parents until im old enough to move out

MR Sweden
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 02:03
tjena lukas vad är det för spel editor du har gjort?
kan du förklara lite eftersom jag är ny inom detta område.
will there be any more themes for fps creator lika an rpg theme ?
thanks again from sweden
mr_fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 18:25
U know, I don't think I would recomend fps creator. the objects are in 3ds format, makeing gameplay annoyingley slow ive tried the demo. however I do recomend learning dark basic profesisional. once you learn how to use it, it can very fun!
btw, welcom from Colorado to sweden!

rvb Church: "hey, look, his armor its, red."
rvb Tucker: "well that'l explain how he got past our defences."
rvb Caboose : "Actuley he came through the back."
Fox Dark Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 23:14
there's something that Noobies must Know. DarkBASIC is a PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE, that mean thta you program in darkbasic. that mean that you can do everything you want like in other languages

True Phantasy
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 02:21
@MR. Sweden: Welcome to the forums . (BTW, if anyones mean to you, dont take it personally, we have a few...noobie enforcers, i guess you could call them, lol, around here, and they insult most all of us and our, at times, stupid questions, lol )
@Lukas: Hehe, i was going to say something about you being from Sweden before i saw you reply .
Quote: "wow, d va som tusan! nu e vi 7 swe folk här!! "

Quote: "tjena lukas vad är det för spel editor du har gjort?
kan du förklara lite eftersom jag är ny inom detta område."

Something that's always confused me...how do you get those wierd letters like the a with the two dots above it? Are keyboards different or is it a combination of keys?

Quote: "U know, I don't think I would recomend fps creator."

I wouldnt either, although ive never played it, hehe, but ive heard its a bit limited in its abilities. I would learn Dark Basic Professional if your really serious about programming. You can order it over the internet i think to be shipped anywhere, in english, if you speak it well enough, programming is just like shortened english with numbers where your telling the computer what to do, like:
In english you'd say something like-"Make an object thats the shape of a cube.", and in DBP, you type-"Make object cube [Object #],[object size]". The stuff in []'s are what number you put there, if you didnt know , so the actual code might look something like:
"Make object cube 1,1". Anyways, i would definitely recommend DBP if your serious . Again, welcome .

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 10:14
Quote: "Something that's always confused me...how do you get those wierd letters like the a with the two dots above it? Are keyboards different or is it a combination of keys?"

Make sure numlock is on then do this:
Hold down ALT and hit 132 on the number keypad then let go of alt.
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 10:36
I just have to do shift + ^(¨) then the letter you want the points on.

BTW: press alt+134 for the å...

Immunity and Annihalation makes Immunihalation...
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 10:51
swedish keyboard norwegian

im using a norwegian keyboard (i live in norway...) with US buttons. (a norwegian keyboard with norwegian text but US functions)
it took me 1 whole week to learn the position of the buttons but now that i know where they are, im writing twice as fast on a US keyboard than a Norwegian keyboard

Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 11:31
http://www.ibt.ca/images/AZERTY_1.jpg

This is belgium. Pretty easy to learn...

Immunity and Annihalation makes Immunihalation...
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 16:19
Ahh, i see, cool. Oh, the keyboards arent much different, just a few extra letters on the side, heh.
Here's the US keyboard,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout#US
lol, j/k, im sure we all know what the plain, boring US keyboard looks like .

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
Me!
Years of Service
User Offline
Antidote
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2005 00:30
Those technically are the only buttons you will ever need!

I R tEh Antid0te! ROOOAAAR!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 05:26:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 05:26:38