Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / question about multiplayer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 10:32
Quote: "3- Q.Does db support multiplayer?
A.No, but if you buy the enhancement pack it will, and dbpalso has built in multiplayer support."

on the box it just says..internet multiplayer but in the rules faq it says the above.

can someone explain the difference between....internet multiplayer (lan and internet..on the back of the box) and multiplayer support.
im just confused about this ( and i dought i will be doing any multiplayer stuff yet but just want to be clear)
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 14:43

If you bought DBC, it doesnt support multiplayer, but if you then purchase the enhancement pack, DBC WILL support multiplayer. However, if you bought DBP, it already supports multiplayer and needs no enhancement pack. Support for multiplayer basically means its capable to make a multiplayer game.

TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 16:36
Also, in DBC - even with the enhancement pack, multiplayer support is only really for LAN.

It supports TCP/IP and should work over the internet, but the commands don't have any support for ports. As such, there's no way to get past anyone who accesses ADSL via a router.

So any internet game you make with DBC can only be used by users who have a dial-up modem or access ADSL using a USB ADSL modem.

I believe the latest update of DBPro addresses these issues, so in DBP this is no longer an issue. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong...

TDK_Man

tpfkat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 17:29
cheers..just noticed on the forum someone complaining about itand i wasnt sure.
devastation
Years of Service
User Offline
o noes! now i have to write ai for my paintabll game :*(**

verydevastating.com
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 23:18
...wtf...?

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 23:25
Wrong thread I suspect...
devastation
Years of Service
User Offline
@ruccus and @xeno

If that was directed at me, I thought I was gonna make a multiplayerp aintball game but Iguess I'll have to make ai for it cas apeparently multiplayer kinda sucks

verydevastating.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 05:31:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 05:31:59