Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Which is the best program to use?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Which program is the best to use?

Dark Basic
Dark Basic Pro
Rick123
Years of Service
User Offline
hello?
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 17:48
Depends on what you want to do and how much 3D programming experience you have.

If you are new to 3D and/or programming then 3D Classic is cheaper and although older and lacking in a lot of DBPro's more advanced features, it's ideal to start with. There are also upgrade paths to DBP when you outgrow it.

I've got both and I've not yet found I've needed anything that DBC didn't provide. Having said that, I am using the Enhanced version of DBC and without that, I would probably have switched to Pro a good while back.

DBC, being older is inherently more stable than DBP, but any bugs there are in it will not be fixed - ever!

DBP on the other hand is still being developed and as you can see by a quick scan of the Bugs forum, it's still can't be classed as stable yet.

Both DBC and DBP have the same basic command set and more-or-less anything you can produce with one, you can with the other, though the DBP version will be faster.

I suggest you download the trial versions of both and have a play.

So, your choice.

TDK_Man

Rick123
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 21:39
I personally like Pro better because it's faster and there are a lot more commands. And to me more commands = more power to do exactly what you want for your programs. But the best way for you to look at how Classic compaires to Pro is to look at the Comparison Chart.

http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=compare
Antidote
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 21:59
The only thing they dont have on the chart is a price comparison. You enjoy DBP more because you are advanced enough and committed enough to know that you will not waste the $90. A newcomer should try out DBC before committing an extra $70 to something they may not enjoy.

I R tEh Antid0te! ROOOAAAR!
Don Malone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 01:57
Antidote makes a great point. If you have never programmed before; maybe you should enter the shallow end of the pool and learn DB Classic. The cost is less and the experience is well docuymented with some great tutorials, such as Limit Rush.

I also bought both (just wished the enhancements were included with classic when I bought it.)

Really can't go wrong with either though.

In Memory of My Dad.
I miss you very much.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 05:22:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 05:22:38