Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Displaying # of Polygons on Screen

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 02:10
Hey,
I should know this by now, and ive been looking in the DBP help files, but i cant find anything, so whats the command you use to display the # of poly's on screen?

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 02:16
For DBC I think it is Print statistic(1)
Maybe it will work in DBPro.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 02:23
oh yeah, i found this:
Quote: "STATISTIC
This command will return an internal statistic from the engine. Providing a value of one as the parameter will cause the
command to return the current number of polygons used to render the scene.

SYNTAX
Return Integer=STATISTIC(Statistic Code)"

Thanks .

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 02:28
No prob, Pirate man

Hurry on the game!
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 02:35
Quote: "No prob, Pirate man

Hurry on the game! "

. I'm trying, i did manage to get the talk system implemented into the main game, as well as CS4 working again, and ill post screens soon . My main problem is keeping the FPS low , which im working on increasing right now, which is why i needed to know that command, to figure out how many poly's i could have on screen and have it run decently . BTW, do you know how many poly's you can have and maintain a 40-50 FPS?

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 03:02 Edited at: 14th Oct 2005 03:03
Hmm, no but I think you know my way of lowering polys?

EDIT: Not my way, it was TDK's I think
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 03:27
cool, ill try that, although i just decreased my poly count by over 8000 from my revision of an area of port royale .

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 04:19
Woah

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 05:28:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 05:28:01