Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / sprites/images n top of an HL bsp?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2005 05:23
Well im creating a game here and it utilizes an HL bsp map compiled with valve's hammer for my game map. For the game's GUI, im using an image/sprite... however a glitch occurs once I sync/sprite the image on screen with the bsp map.

Textures on the bsp map begins to disalign once I sync/sprite the image onscreen. Ive tried many stuff but alas, a desirable outcome conjure I cannot.

Ive attach a jpg file of the problem... any thought on this? Thanks guys

Rockin on me 850 duron!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2005 14:08
I don't use bsp as it is way too limited in DBP. However you can use a plain instead of sprites and lock it to the camera. This should work though I cannot see why the sprite should cause a problem. It would help if you could make a small example with code and media showing this problem as it may be a DBP bug. You can make a very simple level (inverted cube or such), no need to post your level.

Sad Commander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 09:45
thanks man.. I thought of using plain.. but I am having troubles with lock object on command...

how do you use this syntax? I inserted lock object on and I set a z position to the corresponding object.. but then the plain is no where to be found.

Rockin on me 850 duron!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 05:17:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 05:17:10