Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Dark Basic and 3d max 7

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all ,

I am an animator and would love to turn one of my cartoons into 3d game , so i was wondering if Dark basic is for me...
please see link
http://freespace.virgin.net/richy.hewison/Reel%20Bernd%20Rendic.mov

i ve done few 2d games in game maker and wander is it similar or harded to use .

also which version of dark basic should i get first clasic/professional etc
I mean i d preffer to buy proffesional and get all the features but is it garder to start with or is it the same as the others only with extra stuff???

But my main question is :

Can I import 3d models fully textured and animated into dark basic to be used in action sequences...
In some game engines/ studios you can only import 3d models and then you need to use their bones to animate the character

Thanks
Fneep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2005 13:19 Edited at: 16th Oct 2005 13:23
Look, I dont want to put you off, but Dark BASIC is nothing like Game Maker.
For one thing, you dont have a workspace and stuff. It is all coding. All of it. Apart from making the 3d models of course.
If coding isnt your thing, and you would prefer something more 3d click 'n' drag-ish then you should check out the 3d game maker.
If you think you want more power over your game, get FPSCreator. If you still want more power then Dark BASIC is the way to go.
I think you should buy classic first, or even better, just get the trial. Then, if you think that Dark BASIC is for you, get the full thing.

Delta Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2005 14:05
i was a game maker user my self. But dark basic is much better. But if you dont like codeing its not the thing for you.

Dark Project Studio (web Site comeing soon)
Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 00:13 Edited at: 17th Oct 2005 00:14
You can import models with textures and animations into DarkBASIC.

DarkBASIC is nothing like Gamemaker, really. If you wan't to learn how to code, I can nothing but reccomend DarkBASIC Pro. There's no point in buying Classic, as Pro is a lot better, and it's only as complicated as you make it. Go Pro. That's my advice.

EDIT:
Oh, and by the way: Cool animation!

Berndr
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks guys

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 07:22:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 07:22:41