Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3d characters that do not refresh against a backdrop (DB Pro)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2005 23:00
Hi

Apologies if this has been answered before - I've searched but not found the answer and hope someone could point me in the right direction.

I'm new to DB Pro but not new to programming.

I have a 3d animated character (the sample one from Character Shop). I've loaded him as 2 different objects and they both run happily around my screen, accelerate, decelerate, zoom out and in and swap the object focus.

All happy so far - but that's on a blue backdrop, ie no background.

I loaded up a backdrop jpg (loaded, copied to screen, deleted) and then bring in my two characters but now, instead of being single characters running across the backdrop they leave "trails" as though the screen was not refreshing from their last position. I've played with the Sync settings but don't really know what else to look at although I suspect it's something basic; even if I try and use code grabbed from sample pros i get the same problem.

Don't suppose anyone could point me in the right direction could they?

Many thanks

A
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2005 23:51
If you post the code you are using I am sure that myself and many others could show you where you have gone wrong, but without it you are not giving us much to go on.

Great Britain would be Amazing Britain if it wasn't for idiots like you bringing down the average!
Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 01:21
quick answer is to look into skyboxes..... (for your background)

another option is to create a large textured plain that always faces the camera...position the plain behind the characters....

textured backdrops and 3-d aren't the best of friends...
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 01:48
yeah, skyboxes are your best bet for backdrops. I dont use just a single textured backdrop.

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 03:43
Make sure you dont have in your code 'Backdrop Off'.

That is a reason it happened to me...
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 10:16
Quote: "Make sure you dont have in your code 'Backdrop Off'"

The command to undo this is 'Backdrop On' BTW.

Immunity and Annihalation makes Immunihalation...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 07:29:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 07:29:43