Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Graphic Cursor with BlueGui Library. Change Cursor Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 22:52
I what to create some windows with BluGui and I want to put a graphic cursor on it.

When the graphic cursor pass over the BlueGui Windows , stops.

How can I put a graphic cursor with BlueGui using paste image function and mousex() and mousey()?

I have the code of my project. I tried to change the cursor with change mouse command (Change mouse 2) and I put one graphic cursor
in the media project but the cursor was disappeared.

I tried to hide the mouse cursor and I put some transparent image with mousex() and mousey() courdinates on screen but when the
image of my graphic cursor pass over the BlueBui Window stops moving and mouse change to normal mouse.

download the media of the example from here because I can't Upload them from here.

Thank youuuu!
www.geocities.com/takis76/media.zip
Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2005 19:56
It sounds like this has something to do with BlueGUI. It's afterall Windows commands, so I'm not sure if this is possible.

I was going to suggest that POSITION SPRITE spriteNr,MOUSEX(),MOUSEY() thing, but if you say it doesn't work, I can't come up with any other ideas. Sorry.

Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 21st Oct 2005 02:20
Quote: "I have the code of my project. I tried to change the cursor with change mouse command (Change mouse 2) and I put one graphic cursor
in the media project but the cursor was disappeared."

When you tried "change mouse" did you add a cursor file ( .cur ) to the media too or just tried to use a graphic (paste image or sprite)?
Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2005 02:18
I tried to put graphic image with paste image and sprite command
and I put some graphic cursor in bmp format in my media.
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2005 04:41 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2005 04:42
I don't have BlueGUI myself but I have experimented with cursors. Cursors that are used by Windows ( .cur files ) can be used in Darkbasic and be seen within the window of your program. Graphic cursors are only limited to the area inside the window (not above it where the title is).

To be able to use the command "change mouse" you have to include the .cur files into the .exe... and make sure they're in the same directory as your .dba file. I uploaded a .zip that contains 3 .cur files, a code example (with project data), and an .exe of the compiled example.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2005 21:13
Thank you very much , I changed my cursor with your example.

But when the pointer pass over a BlueGui window shows both cursors
and color dart cursor and normal darkbasic pointer cursor with flicking.

The Dart Cursor works correct only if its not pass over the blueGui windows and other gadgets.

Is there any command with BlueGui to change the arrow cursors when
the pointer pass over the BlueGui windows?

Thank you!
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 07:35
Quote: "Thank you very much , I changed my cursor with your example.

But when the pointer pass over a BlueGui window shows both cursors
and color dart cursor and normal darkbasic pointer cursor with flicking.

The Dart Cursor works correct only if its not pass over the blueGui windows and other gadgets.

Is there any command with BlueGui to change the arrow cursors when
the pointer pass over the BlueGui windows?

Thank you! "

Np I just wish I could help you more... but I don't have BlueGUI... yet.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 07:32:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 07:32:08