Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [LOCKED] Looking for a person to program a better entity editor/level editor for Open Portal(Now known as lunarphobiac). You will be paid!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=62602&b=8

That is the link to the original topic on Lunarphobiac. The game is an FPS game, but much more. There are many RPG like qualitites in it, and you are able to interact with your environment by scaring enemies, distracting them, and talking to team members. I am planning on adding in a multiplayer expansion when I am finished. The game is fine for everything, except the level editor. The level editor stinks and crashes. I need a level editor that can do this:

1. Ask for .x prefab and load it to point 0,0,0
2. Be able to place objects around in the world
3. Be able to give those obejcts names, and they would be loaded as entities
4. Have unlimited number of entities allowed
5. Have Windows GUI interface (I can supply a dll)
6. Save/Load and have a loader for DBP

I can give you an outline of how to have unlimited entity points and how this would all save, but I am desperate. The topic is here with all the screens and comments, so I will not bother to repost them.
Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2005 00:09
Quote: "You will be paid!"

Yeah right.

The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2005 00:23 Edited at: 18th Oct 2005 00:38
Quote: "Yeah right.
"

Just my thoughs too

GameDev i'm not flaming you, but don't say that you will be paid if you can't promise it. And maybe there are someone that maybe wanna write it wihtout getting paid Who knows? But if your editor sucks then why don't you try to make it better, and get some help if there's a problem that you can't fix? Then you will learn too. I'm writing my own editor for an fps game i gonna make. I use blueGui for it and so far you can load a level and then load objects and place them. Then save and load it into darkbasic. You can't assign names for the objects though. So maybe i could help you then.

-The Nerd

PanzerGameshere
Free Particle Engine For dbpro :
here
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2005 00:40
How do you garantee payment?

The future is here, and I can't afford it.
Advancement Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Entity names is what I am talking about. I understand you are just saying. Just got BlueGUI, so I will use that. I just need to place objects is all with names and load a prefab. Also, I can do payment in software items as a reward or money for the editor. Nothing big, but you might be able to purchase a dll or two.
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2005 05:33 Edited at: 19th Oct 2005 05:33
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=team_requests

In particular:

Quote: "In that case you need to talk to TGC directly because recruiting salaried employees via the forums isn't allowed without prior arrangement. "

Locked.

"Computers are useless, they can only give you answers."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 10:36:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 10:36:57