Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Whats lithUnwrap?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2005 07:08
What's lithUnwrap, and how will it help me get a lower poly geoscape 3D terrain?

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2005 11:06 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2005 11:06
1st question-its a modeler(i think)
Me!
Years of Service
User Offline
lithunwrap is a program that unwraps the model so that you can paint the texture map and know what polygon you are painting

it doesn`t reduce the number of polys in your scene, but you can use a lower poly terrain and make a texture that gives the effect of a higher poly terrain by giving smoother shading and blending of components, rather like in doom they used highly detailed textures mapped to lower poly models and they still looked detailed, high poly models because of the better texture mapping.

Tyger software

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 07:21:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 07:21:28