Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / bitmaps and sprites...I'm a newbie...help!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 18:50
To whomever can help,

I'm making my first game and need to move a sprite around a bitmap. The sprite transparency is not too good because I've created a maze and part of the maze is gone as a result of the placement of the sprite. Also I want to know what commands I can use to move the sprite around a 640x480 bitmapped maze??? Lastly, I am loading the bitmap and image of the sprite from a floppy diskette does this affect the movement of the sprite on the screen?

C.G.***
Mr Scarab
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2005 16:14 Edited at: 28th Oct 2005 16:17
Loading from disk should be OK since once the sprite/bitmap is loaded then it is in memory, the loading will obviously be slower.

Moving a sprite around is as easy as giving the X,Y co-ordinates for the sprite so if you want it to appear in the top left you would use

sprite n,0,0,b - where n is the number of the sprite and b is the image of the sprite

try the attached code to see what I mean

Sig removed by Mod. Please do not use offensive language in your signature (sic).
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2005 18:12
Quote: "sprite n,0,0,b"

How ironic

Immunity and Annihalation makes Immunihalation...
Mr Scarab
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2005 18:56
Hehe I know, sorry I couldn't resist it.

Sig removed by Mod. Please do not use offensive language in your signature (sic).
Crimson Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2005 19:41
Dear Mr. Scarab,
Thankyou for your help!!!! I will try your suggestion. I need all the help I can get!!!

Peace,
c.g. *

C.G.***

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 07:35:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 07:35:17