Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How can I switch between 3rd and 1st person views with the push of a button?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 01:34
This would be very helpful for the game im creating
Antidote
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 02:19
Well you would have to have two camera controls. You could do this with labels if you wanted. One would work with first person and the other would work with third person(obviously).

Then you would check to see if the switch button was pressed then you would have a variable, i.e. campos. Then you would do something like this:

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 10:11
There is a very basic but simple solution to this, with a nice transition between the 2 for free.

You can use SET CAMERA TO FOLLOW for both views. When teh user toggles between the 2 you simply change the settings - height, distance and smooth.

For 3rd person, the height will be greater, so you can see over the player. Distance will be something suitable and smooth somewhere around 20 to 50 depending on teh effect you want.

For first person, set the distance to a very small number (not zero, or the POINT CAMERA details will also need to be updated). Height will probably be 0, and smooth is reduced to almost 0. When first person is selected, hide the player object.

I used this in my Snake Compo entry and it worked very well.

Antidote
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 13:26
Quote: "I used this in my Snake Compo entry and it worked very well."

BTW, which one was your snake compo entry?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 07:27:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 07:27:25