Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How to get rid of 30 days trial mode

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello.

I bought DB a few years ago (I used to use DIV but thanks to microsoft now thats a thing of the past - not XP compatible)

Anyway, I've finally got round to starting to learn it, only I installed the latest patch from this website, and now its saying I have only a 30 day trial period (V 1.13 enchanced).

I cant find out:

-What features will expire at the end of 30 days and what wont.
-How to get rid of the trial version
-How to permanently buy the "Enchanced" version

Can someone set me straight? I dont want to spend a month programming only to find out some crucial feature of my code wont work without this "enchancement", which is no longer supplied.

Mark.

P.S. This is my 3rd try at posting. When starting a new thread it didnt warn me I hadnt set a forum name, so apologies if a duplicate of this post appears later.

"Awww...its no fun when you admit it"
-"But it is when I make the salad dressing"
(Weebl and bob)
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2005 16:58
You loose access to memblock commands and dll access, I think there is some more features but I'm not sure.

You can't get rid of the trial, it will disable itself after the 30 days.

I got my enhanced version with DarkMatter 1, however I am not sure whether it still is part of the same package.

Cheeslord
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks.

I am planning to create a game based on the classic "Lords of Chaos" by Blade software, in the days of the 8 and 16 bit home computers. So as long as critical 2D commands like Get Image and Paste Image work I'll be OK.

Mark.

P.S. I can imagine it must be annoying for people who want to use the advanced features though, if the permanent Enchancement package is no longer available.

"Awww...its no fun when you admit it"
-"But it is when I make the salad dressing"
(Weebl and bob)
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2005 17:22
The DarkBASIC Enhancement Pack is available to buy on its own from the DarkBASIC web site, it is no longer bundled with DarkMATTER.

People don't quit playing because they grow old.
They grow old because they quit playing.
David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2005 17:23
Quote: "t is no longer bundled with DarkMATTER.
"

When did it stop being bundled with DM?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 07:21:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 07:21:43