Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Loading game data

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2003 03:46
Before I start, I'd like to say that I have previously posted in the non-newbie sections. I figured I was more advanced, but I have noticed that the questions in this forum are more on my level. So I'd just like some advice.
Here's the deal:
I have been working with some friends, and we have created a 3D space shooter engine. At this point its nothing fancy, but you can fly around. Here's my problem:
I want to make a way so I can specify scenarios, with units and event triggers, inside a TXT or INI file. How could I develop a loader in the game for this (arrays and file handling are my biggest weak spots). Also, for the editor, should I use Dark BASIC or Visual Basic?
Thanks for the advice,
SpaceInvader
LLX
Years of Service
User Offline
DB can't load arrays but i can load other DBAs, what you do is create each level as a seperate file, the make a master file that INCLUDES the level files then all you have to do i copy the arrays into the main program

Zach
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2003 05:03
Correction, darkbasic can load arrays as well as save them.
the command is simple..
load array "test.arr",test$(100)
save array "test.arr",test$(100)

Tupelo, Ms

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 17:35:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 17:35:22