Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Sprite erasing background

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2005 15:51
To whom it may concern,
I'm trying to do a pacman simulation and I'm having trouble with my sprite and bitmap background. My sprite erases the background as it moves using the arrow keys. I cannot get the sprite to be transparent so that the maze isn't chomped away as it moves. How would I fix this? here is the source code...

C.G.***
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 2nd Nov 2005 19:07
The source doesn't work for people in a newbie slap. It's best to use code snips.

[ code ]
Your code here.
[ /code ]

Just remove the spaces between the brakets and it'll do this:

This sounds kinda weird. Sprites naturally replace the background as they move... unless the default setting for the sprite is changed with the "set sprite" command. Without seeing code it's hard to say what's going on.

To get a sprites background to be transparent use black as the background and don't use .jpg... jpgs change the colors... use .bmp.
Crimson Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2005 22:11
trying to do pellets for the pacman maze and want to know the best way to go about creating them? Should I use box statement or point statement?

C.G.***

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 07:27:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 07:27:53