Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2003 22:35
Hi peeps, very new to this DBPro thing, but not to basic programming. Just wondered if anybody has found out a way to find out when my app has been ALT+TABed out, and when it has been ALT+TABed back in. I was hoping that the "screen invalid()" statement would help me but it doesn't seem to ever give me an invalid screen. Thanks in advance.

Andy
KamaKase
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmmmm, I don't think it'll work very well if you do tab it. Remember when you Debug it there's a window which keeps all the variables alive. I'd just Scancode for when the Tab key is pressed.

Andy Watt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2003 00:36
Thanks, that might work for when the app is ALT+TABed out, but you can just click the app in the task bar to return to the app, not necessarily ALT+TAB. Gotta be a way to do it like in JK or Quake.

Andy
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2003 02:15
You can detect this natively - look at the "screen invalid" command (not the most obvious I know, but that's what it is there for!)

You can also stop it happening with the "disable systemkeys" command.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 17:38:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 17:38:05