Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How do I place objects in matrices by Matedit?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2005 20:21
I'd love to know how to place trees, buildings, small bodies of water, and so on inside a matrix and/or terrain.
Jerok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 00:01 Edited at: 6th Nov 2005 00:02
i dont know if this will help much because i have not yet tried to do so, but i believe you would have to texture the tile with that specific image you caould also try placing a 3d object at that point in the matrix but im really not sure sorry im having trouble figuring out matixes
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 14:37
Placing anything on a matrix is just the same as positioning any object - using the Position Object command.

You can use the Get Ground Height() function to help position the object at the correct Y height for the given X,Z position.

Matrix Tutorial link below.

TDK_Man

cloneboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 22:34
The thing is, I already knew that much. I just don't really understand placing objects. Also, I bought DarkBASIC inside a set with a book, so it didn't come with a manual. RTFM not gonna work in my case...
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 03:28
OK - press F1 and go to the index. Look up the following two commands:

Position Object
Get Ground Height

The first shows you how to place an object (DB primitive or loaded .X file) anywhere in 3D space using X,Y,Z co-ordinates.

The second will tell you the height of the matrix at any given X,Z co-ordinate so you can use the value to place your object at the correct Y height so it's not below the matrix.

That's really all there is to it!

You know the width and height in pixels of your matrix, so any values between 0 and those values for the X and Z will place the object somewhere on the matrix.

TDK_Man

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 07:32:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 07:32:16