Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2003 02:11
Ok, I want to make a menu for my game. I have an idea for one, but at this time, I dont know how to transfer this to code.

I know that a menu is made up of bitmaps, one main background bitmap, & each button has 3 different bitmaps to it, one for mouse over, one for clicking, & the last for just there.

I want to get a working menu for the game im making. I want to start with this. I am wondering if anyone knows of a tutorial, or any code that may be able to help me out? I want to, on game bootup, to display the menu, & wait till the user finishes using the menu, to load certain levels, or bring up other menus.

If there is no tutorial, could someone kindly give me some kind of code to get started with? I am not sure quite how to do this, & I would like to learn how.

Thanks to anyone who helps ahead of time, I want to learn how to do this, but without any help, or tutorials, it is hard to get started.
Jadelion
Years of Service
User Offline
there is a menu section in the tutorials listed near the top of this forum under "new Dark Basic Tutorials" or something like that, but I didn't find it very helpfull so i'll give you the code I would use.

as you can see i was going to comment it out so it would be easier to understand but I think its pretty simpel.

...that move was indeed...Bold.
Zach
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2003 02:36
I can program pretty much any thing. I've got alot of spare time so if you want to you can e-mail me the specs for a menu and I'll Make it.znatm1@cs.com

Tupelo, Ms
Megaman Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2003 10:36
Thanks for the offer, I just emailed you on it.

@ Jadelion

Thanks for the code, but without reminders & notes, I cant make any sense of it right now.

Thanks,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 22:55:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 22:55:25